1995 Es300 Starting Problems

svarog

Hello my car had no problems starting up and battery didn't seem dead.

Now all of a sudden when I turn the key all i hear is a click, if I keep doing it, eventually it starts up just a little bit and starts shaking! Not a lot but more like jiggling I see the insides shake very scary.

Could it be my battery, even though the lights work, or something worse?

I don't understand the shaking most of all!

* ? :|

I made some progress in diagnostic:

I was playing with it and when I turn the key in.. I can't go to CD player, only TAPE and AM/FM !!!

Could this mean a fuse or low battery?

I can't imagine how a low battery would make the car shake.

Bad starter (or bad solenoid, perhaps) would be my guess.

Thanks!

Is starter pretty easy to change? Also can I just buy one from discount auto parts, or should I get an official toyota or lexus one?

I wouldn't suggest running out and buying a starter based on my wild guess.

Go to Pep Boys or whoever offers cheap testing of the electrical system. That way you'll know what is broken rather than guessing.

• 10 months later...

Can't take car there since it won't start :[

Also I overexaggerated I think the shaking, its more like a lot of clicking and the instrument panel is what shakes the most.

So what did it end up being? I just had similar problems and ended up changing the battery first but then the not starting presisted...so I ended up replacing the starter. Its been about a two weeks and seems to ok. Whats your feedback?

aight so my "clicking and no starting on first try" problem just started yesterday so i'm guessing it would be a starter problem. luckily i still have a 6mothns warranty so i dont have to spend on this. hoping its just the starter and another thing is i feel a kick/bump sometimes when i put the car in reverse...could it be early stage of tranny problem?/?

thanx

Also I overexaggerated I think the shaking, its more like a lot of clicking and the instrument panel is what shakes the most.

So what did it end up being? I just had similar problems and ended up changing the battery first but then the not starting presisted...so I ended up replacing the starter. Its been about a two weeks and seems to ok. Whats your feedback?

aight so my "clicking and no starting on first try" problem just started yesterday so i'm guessing it would be a starter problem. luckily i still have a 6mothns warranty so i dont have to spend on this. hoping its just the starter and another thing is i feel a kick/bump sometimes when i put the car in reverse...could it be early stage of tranny problem?/?

thanx

ok so yesterday i changed starter with a new one fom autozo and today i woke up to go to class and car wont start, doesnt even click like b4. this is frustratin and i'll appreciate any help. missed 4 classes in jus 2 days cos of this problem