Cold Air Intake

I want to do a cold air intake on my car. What do you guys suggest? I was thinking about going with the SRT but I'm not sure. I was also looking at the Injen, K&N, Weapon intakes. About how much hp should I expect from the last three?

I want to do a cold air intake on my car. What do you guys suggest? I was thinking about going with the SRT but I'm not sure. I was also looking at the Injen, K&N, Weapon intakes. About how much hp should I expect from the last three?

All the intakes are about the same, The srt comes with a piggyback ecu that is really the only difference. I am suspect of there hp gain claims though. Search the forums there is a lot of chatter on this subject.

All the intakes are about the same, The srt comes with a piggyback ecu that is really the only difference. I am suspect of there hp gain claims though. Search the forums there is a lot of chatter on this subject.

Well I decided to go with the Injen intake. I ordered it today from Lextasy, it should b here in a week. I will let you know how satisfied I am with it once it's installed.

Well I decided to go with the Injen intake. I ordered it today from Lextasy, it should b here in a week. I will let you know how satisfied I am with it once it's installed.

How difficult is it to install the Injen air intake? And what's the difference between setting it up as a CAI and a short ram and am I able to choose between the two without any other necessary parts when I get the package?

• 3 weeks later...

I finally installed my Injen intake. The intake has a killer sound. It sounds like the car has a lot of power now, but I'm not sure the car is actually making more power. Is there a break-in period in order to feel a difference in the car or is the intake purely for sound? I would say the intake added maybe a few more horses but nothing major.

I finally installed my Injen intake. The intake has a killer sound. It sounds like the car has a lot of power now, but I'm not sure the car is actually making more power. Is there a break-in period in order to feel a difference in the car or is the intake purely for sound? I would say the intake added maybe a few more horses but nothing major.

Reset the ecu. It sounds like there is more power because the stock intake is very well baffled to supress noise. You might gain at WOT.

Reset the ecu. It sounds like there is more power because the stock intake is very well baffled to supress noise. You might gain at WOT.

How do I reset the ECU? Do I just simply disconnect the battery or take out the ECU fuse? Or is there another way to reset it?

How do I reset the ECU? Do I just simply disconnect the battery or take out the ECU fuse? Or is there another way to reset it?

Either way you mentioned is just fine.