Gs300 Or Is350?

I put a deposit down on a IS350 last week.. I was hoping to get the one I wanted before May.. but it seems like its going to be June… The one I am wanting MSRP at $44.5.. but I am getting $2k off that… I noticed that Lexus is running some lease / financing specials on the GS…

So I was thinking maybe I could get a GS AWD with the Nav/ML for around $46k-$48k.. I know it’s a different car and a lot less power… but right now it seems its just a better value plus I think I could get one A LOT FASTER…..

I never seen a IS350 in person… nor the GS… So any help from someone that has had the chance to try both would be appreciated

Is the GS430 worth the extra $$$?…

Thanks for your help..

Sounds like a decision you gonna have to make yourself. I personally look at the IS series like the "intro-to-a-Lexus" series, kinda like the C series Mercedes. The IS350 is a step up from the 250, but with it's Honda-type looks, I couldn't justify the $44+ for a fully loaded one. The GS series, in it's fully optioned state, blurs the line between Luxurious and Sporty, with an obvious emphasis on the Luxury.

Remember that the IS350 motor is not the same gas saving motor as is in the Toyota Avalon, for example, and to buy any car sans sight or feel is ridiculous- unless you have money to burn. And if you do, forego the Lexus, and get a Bentley.

I put a deposit down on a IS350 last week.. I was hoping to get the one I wanted before May.. but it seems like its going to be June… The one I am wanting MSRP at $44.5.. but I am getting $2k off that… I noticed that Lexus is running some lease / financing specials on the GS…

So I was thinking maybe I could get a GS AWD with the Nav/ML for around $46k-$48k.. I know it’s a different car and a lot less power… but right now it seems its just a better value plus I think I could get one A LOT FASTER…..

I never seen a IS350 in person… nor the GS… So any help from someone that has had the chance to try both would be appreciated

Is the GS430 worth the extra $$$?…

Thanks for your help..

Depends on what kind of ride you're looking for. I have a 2001 GS and recently bought a 2001 IS. Same engine but drive and feel completely different. The IS is a sports ride and the GS is a luxuruous ride. Should be pretty obvious. The IS is a much stiffer ride, low profile tires, suspension, etc. I would expect the same kind of difference for 2006.

I have driven the new IS350 and absolutely loved it. If the boys were ten years younger (smaller) I would trade for the IS350. So with teenage boys, we'll be keep the GS for now.

Maybe later and IS500 is will be in the garage! :D

Did I tell you the IS-350 was a hoot to drive! :D

lol I've decided to wait it out.... give in until the end of april.. if no car.... then I'll wait until the 2007s come out...

BTW... "I have driven the new IS350 and absolutely loved it. If the boys were ten years younger (smaller) I would trade for the IS350. So with teenage boys, we'll be keep the GS for now."

Thats reason #28,901 why I dont have kids.... :cheers:

Went to the local dealer to check out the new GS430; hot car! But, if you want the power but can't afford it. Wait until sometime next year. The dealer told me that there will be a all new GS350; more sporty and with a 6 cyl 302HP engine. There will be no more GS430's next year, they will be replaced by the GS450H (hybrid) which is upwards of $70K; but the fastest production lexus ever made! Just what I've been told from the dealer.