"day Mode" Problem

yerzhan

2001 Lexus RX300:

When I turn ignition key into position “ACC” and turning lights on, the “Day Mode” option appears on the screen and it is activated, but when key is switched into “ON” position “Day Mode” disappears and night mode cannot be used. How can I solve this issue?

I also need to change display info from imperial US units (galons, F, miles) into metric units (liters, C, km)

does anybody know how?

is there exist data disc for reprogramming the computer?

thanks

If you go into the navigation setup menu you can set it to be DAY MODE, NIGHT MODE, or AUTOMATIC.

DAY MODE is always bright.

NIGHT MODE is always dim.

AUTOMATIC changes between bright and dim based on your headlights. When your headlights turn on it dims your screen.

That is the problem you are talking about, right??

Tom

There were only two regimes: Day Mode and Automatic

Before problem came up, when I turned parking lights on and push "display" button,

the setup menu came on the display with "day mode" button and modes could be choosen between day mode and automatic, and this could be done regradless of the key position.

Now in ACC position and parking lights on, modes can be chosen but as soon as key is in ON position,

menu "Day Mode" disappears" and the screen is always bright, so automatic mode can not be chosen.

I've tried to play with it but no luck. If I move key back from ON to ACC position, display menu does not appear on screen, only after "0" position back it menu appears again. I wonder if this really a problem with electronics or I 'm missing something during the setup

• 4 weeks later...

Before problem came up, when I turned parking lights on and push "display" button,

the setup menu came on the display with "day mode" button and modes could be choosen between day mode and automatic, and this could be done regradless of the key position.

Now in ACC position and parking lights on, modes can be chosen but as soon as key is in ON position,

menu "Day Mode" disappears" and the screen is always bright, so automatic mode can not be chosen.

I've tried to play with it but no luck. If I move key back from ON to ACC position, display menu does not appear on screen, only after "0" position back it menu appears again. I wonder if this really a problem with electronics or I 'm missing something during the setup

I am having the same problem. I just noticed a few weeks ago that the lights don't work when automatic is switch on) Last night, I noticed that one of my low beams were out, I changed it and then I noticed that the HIGH beam on the same side didn't work! This morning both bulbs on the driver's side were out again. I unplugged both bulbs and plugged them back in and now the low beam works again - but the high doesn't. Then I went to lock the door with the key and NOW the LIGHTS don't shut off when you press the button on the remote twice! Could this all be connected and shorting out somewhere? (I DON'T have the nav system by the way, the little green indicator on the instrument display normally illuminates when it's on Automatic, when I turn the switch to automatic the lights do not turn on nor does the green light come on at all)