Hid Headlight Goes Out Last Night

I have a 2000 GS400. I noticed last night that my right headlight went out. I thought nothing of it until I turned my lights off and then back on again. Both headlights turned on; then about 20 seconds later the right headlight goes out again. I repeat this procedure two more times all with the same result. What can this be? I don't think it can be the bulb itself because then it wouldn't be turning on at all, right? FYI, about a week ago I noticed a little condensation in the right headlight housing. What can this be; sounds like it might be expensive. Please help!!!

Nick

Well, i honestly dont think the condensation has anything to do with this problem. But, it might be electrical? also, the condensation happens to everyone some time or another, the seal around the lamp is weak and the only way to fix it is to change the entire headlamp. And i mean entire headlamp. I just had my changed last month...for free actually at the dealership.

How did you get it replaced for free??? Anyway, I think it might be the ballast after I searched this forum. Can anyone support my theory? If it is the ballast should I replace the other side also while I'm at it; do they usually break around the same time?

Also, I was searching earlier, if I have stock HID lights on my GS why would you need a HID conversion kit. I read that some people were buying conversion kits on lights that were already HID!!! Why? Can't the stock HID ballasts support aftermarket HID bulbs no matter what Kelvin they are??? ...Confused. If I find out it is the ballasts where is the best place to go to replace stock ballast. I have a funny fealing that the dealership is going to charge me an arm and TWO legs!!! :chairshot:

Nick

Got my car back from the dealership, it was just the bulb after all. They wanted $360 just for the one bulb! So I decided to buy a pair of aftermarkets on-line. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a set of nice aftermarket low beam headlight bulbs compatable with the stock GS400 HID setup? Suggestions on Kelvin scale; perhaps 6000K? Need advise/suggestions.

Thanks, :D

Nick