Is350 Burn Rubber

Even with the VDIM off the car does not burn rubber when you just press on the gas paddle, right?

I don't want to necessarily burn rubber but wanted to know if something is wrong with my car.

I floored it and nothing!

If you floor it in an E500 you would burn rubber like nothing! In the IS350 you stomp on it...you dont have wild torque at low rpm's. The benefit is you have a much broader powerband!

Sure the VDIM was off? Try any donuts, drifting and stuff?

I'm sure it will do donuts and drift but it will not burn rubber from standing still. (without pushing the brake)

Just try to turn the VDIM off and floor it and tell me if you burn rubber.

One of our guys dynoed stock at 274.04 HP and 245.45 TQ. You don't think that's enough torque?

I know the IS is faster then 330 but when you step on the gas paddle on the 330 it feels much much faster.

The IS hasitates! I dont like it. (I have both cars)

and again.... I know the IS is faster but you just can't feel it.

I haven't noticed any hesitation.

If you floor it with the VDIM off will the tires spin from start? Just by hitting the gas paddle?

Yes. I just tried it again this morning. ECT control off, VDIM off. Hit the gas hard from a standstill. Car revved immediately, tires spun and car fishtailed left then right then got traction and next thing I knew I had caught up with traffic. No delay in power, now waiting, just goes.

I just picked up my IS350 last week, this will sound stupid but how do you turn off the VDIM? I turned off the traction button on the lower right of the wheel, I stopped the other day and tried to spin the tires but nothing happended. Is there anything else I need to do to turn the VDIM off????

I just picked up my IS350 last week, this will sound stupid but how do you turn off the VDIM? I turned off the traction button on the lower right of the wheel, I stopped the other day and tried to spin the tires but nothing happended. Is there anything else I need to do to turn the VDIM off????

There are a couple of slightly different methods. You know when you have it off when the "skidding car" icon shows up on the lower right of the instrument panel.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=27963