Tail Light Issue

i have a 96 es 300.. during the daytime everything looks fine.

night time, turn the headlights on:

the taillight indicator comes on, and stays on. verified that one light is out on the driver-side assembly. I assumed it needed another bulb.. then noticed the bulb actually turns on when the brakes are pressed.

any ideas? i took a look at the bulbs, and everyone of them work, except for that one. but it would work when you hit the brakes..

btw, i searched and couldn't find a similar topic. thanks for any assistance.

the taillight indicator comes on, and stays on. verified that one light is out on the driver-side assembly. I assumed it needed another bulb.. then noticed the bulb actually turns on when the brakes are pressed.

any ideas? i took a look at the bulbs, and everyone of them work, except for that one. but it would work when you hit the brakes..

dual element bulbs? 1 element in bulb for brakes, one for turn signals. Pull out bulb & ck elements with a meter OR take it to yer local parts house & they'll test it fer ya. ;)

dual element bulbs? 1 element in bulb for brakes, one for turn signals. Pull out bulb & ck elements with a meter OR take it to yer local parts house & they'll test it fer ya. ;)

Do yourself a favor and change out all the bulbs on both sides of the tail, Your going to have to remove one side to do a change so it is the best time to do them all and sleep easy. IMHO that is the way to go, I always replace in pairs, never just one side. It only costs a couple of bucks more and the job is done right and will last a few more years. :cheers: