Upgrades

Hey guys, just traded in my G35 for the new IS 350. I was happy with the G35 but got a little old after four years. Wanted a new style, faster and something more luxurious all of which I am hoping to find in the IS. Loved the test drive and the looks. I am excited to be a new lexus owner. Question, I like to keep my car meticulous, I try to avoid dings at all costs. is it worth it to put side moldings on thecar and how do you think it will look? Is the car susceptible to dings? Seems pretty expensive to add from the dealer, can you negotiate price?

I don't know of anybody that's had side mouldings put on. One thing to consider though is a clear bra. Lots of people do that to prevent stone chips on the bumper and hood.

The only problem I've heard of was that one guy's car got keyed, but that's hard to prevent.

I don't know of anybody that's had side mouldings put on. One thing to consider though is a clear bra. Lots of people do that to prevent stone chips on the bumper and hood.

The only problem I've heard of was that one guy's car got keyed, but that's hard to prevent.

Thanks for the reply. You seem to be the expert, anything else I can add to IS to make it stand out or perform better? Also, how has your experience been with the car? One other question - dealer says four to six weeks to locate, do you feel this is accurate /

Hehe. Wow, same exact thing I just did *see my username*. Loved my 03 G35 6MT but I'm sure the IS350 will be a great replacement. I'm a week into the three weeks my dealer quoted for delivery time. Glad I'm not the only one to trade my G for an IS :P

Hehe. Wow, same exact thing I just did *see my username*. Loved my 03 G35 6MT but I'm sure the IS350 will be a great replacement. I'm a week into the three weeks my dealer quoted for delivery time. Glad I'm not the only one to trade my G for an IS :P

Yeah, I had reservations. The G35 was the best and most fun car to own. I got it right when it came out and there hasn't been a day I have been disappointed by it. It was nice to know when I traded in that the value held up pretty well ($19,000, paid 31,000 in 2003). I would have gotten another infiniti but the M felt like an old mans car, the coupe was to small and the sedan didn't offer anything new. You must have loved your six speed.

Got to tell you though, I am pumped for the lexus. Much nicer interior than the G although I am not quite sure I like the styling as much as the G. As far as performance, there was not much wrong with the G. If the Lex comes anywhere close I will be a happy man. The test drive was impressive, although I like the roar of the G35 engine.

I'm pretty excited also! I paid $31K for my 6MT G in April of 2004 from a guy when it had 8K miles. Dealer was only going to give me 22K for it so my wife and I took her over to Carmax and they gave me $24K. They took the G and I took the equity back in a check to put toward the IS. My wife also thinks the interior is a lot nicer in the IS. My G had some mods but yeah, I'll miss that low end torque. Both great cars just in differ ways!

Here's a link to my G I just sold on Tuesday. Took all the mods off and sold the car stock. Been ebaying all my mods this week so I made out even better.

http://miscpicsforgsite.homestead.com/myg35pics.html

Thanks for the reply. You seem to be the expert, anything else I can add to IS to make it stand out or perform better? Also, how has your experience been with the car? One other question - dealer says four to six weeks to locate, do you feel this is accurate /

Some perfomance mods are starting to come out. LMS has intake and exhaust. Fujitsi has an intake. More stuff will be coming along as the aftermarket people catch up. I've posted links to most of this here.

Four to 6 weeks sounds about right for a special order from allocations. A dealer might shop around with other dealers in the district and if the find what you want could get it in a week. However, somebody would have to have what you want in stock and be willing to trade with your dealer.

I like my car more every time I get in it. It does great on the twisty mountain roads around here and it's really good on longer interstate trips. I don't see how it could be better for me.