How Do You Open The Door Without Ripping And Tearing?

93LSOwner

1993 LS400

I am trying to pull out the inside panel of the door. As you know there are more plastic screws, latches, etc. holding the inside then just the outside screws. I tried pulling out the inside panel of the back door before but it looked as if I was going to break something.

There were metal pieces that were glued to the panel and the door. I mean how the heck I am going to put those back together once I pull it out.

I have never done this before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OH Thank you so much, they are real specific.

I have one another question, as I was pulling it out before I saw this metal clips every where in the bottom (as you can see in the lower part of the door here):

howto_door_rear_11.jpg

How do you put them back? Glue them back or what?

You don't pull the metal tabs off the panel. They're secured to the panel and contain a plastic clip, the clip comes out of the door. Just like virtually every door panel on every car ever made.

You don't pull the metal tabs off the panel. They're secured to the panel and contain a plastic clip, the clip comes out of the door. Just like virtually every door panel on every car ever made.

Opps......I just ripped them out the panel of my left rear door. OH well....