Tsb Eg003-96 For 95 Ls400

Sweet95LS400

I purchased my 95 LS400 recently and have been experiencing some of the issues that this TSB is supposed to resolve. I contacted Lexus and they said for me to take it to my dealer to have them diagnose and then decide whether or not they will still honor the TSB. The most apparent issue is when you are cruising above 40MPH or so and then let off of the gas pedal and the car jerks. It was my understanding that this was fixed with a ECM software update. I havent had the cruise on long enough to see if the other issue of having the cruise on for a long time then getting off a ramp and having it stall or anything.

Any other things I should be aware of reguarding this TSB? I want to go in with all of the info and identify issues that this TSB will fix.

Oh man....sweet sorry to hear that....

YES....YOU NEED A NEW ECM.

I had this exact problem with mine just after I purchased it from the dealership. I made them fix it under that 90 day / 3,000 mile window warranty. I think however they were able to fix it on Lexus's tab. You have a lot of support on this one, that's for sure!!

I had to say things like:

1) Out of all the TSB's issued for the car, the ONLY one that is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to be done is THIS one.

2) This has been reported to the national highway safety board several times by others

3) This could cause a liable issue for Lexus from you if it should result in a crash, due to that flawed characteristic. I mean, there is a reason why they title the TSB "Improved Drivability". I used this angle quite hard. I was coming back from the beach in the rain, took my foot off the gas, the car did that buckle and the rear tires hydroplaned because of it.

Sweet, are you familiar with the clublexus site? Do a search for my name NC211 on that site as well. This is the reason why I found these websites, because of that damn herky-jerky throtle shock.

Tell the dealership you have "OFF-THROTTLE SHOCK PROBLEMS due to the TSB #### never being performed on the car, AS suggested by the manufacturuer as highly recommended".

Trust me Sweet, you'll have to add a little bit of force to get them to honor this. They'll eventually do it, but not until they've realized that YOU ARE EDUCATED on the matter, and you know the liability potential this could have on them from you. Don't be nasty, but you will probably have to hammer it home to them. It took me about a month of intensifing emails to get it done. But they eventually caved.

Do not accept their first reply that it is the TPS sensor.....that is complete, total, straight from the farm, still steaming pile of HORSE SH*T. They'll try it too, trust me, it's a cheap way out to make you think it's fixed. Sure it'll drive a little differently, but the ecm will learn it, and you'll be buckin' back and forth again at 40mph inside of 3 days. I don't care what people tell you about this problem.....you have the answer already with that TSB. They did my car, and I'm happy to say I have never had that problem again.

This isn't a cheap fix either, we're talking $2k if you have to pay for it. But you won't, no worries, they'll cave, you'll just have to corner them. I'll help any way I can.

Here's the official thread with more than you'll ever want to know about the issue!.....

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=15699&hl=

Yep, hahaha. I had forgotten about the Grand PooBaa thread of all time! Hahaha. Good call blake!!

Off to try and detail my car now, trying to get 50% of the shine of Blake's car!