Playing Dvd On Front Nav Screen

wilbur

My wife and I own an '04 RX330 with the performance package, navigation system, and rear DVD entertainment system. When the car is parked and the parking brake is engaged, we can watch the same DVD on the front navigation screen as our daughter in the back of the car on her DVD screen. Once we disengage the parking brake and go into reverse or drive, we cannot watch the DVD movie. Is there a way for the DVD to still play in the front while driving? We often go on long road trips and would like the front passenger to have the same viewing options as our daughter in the back seat.

My wife and I own an '04 RX330 with the performance package, navigation system, and rear DVD entertainment system. When the car is parked and the parking brake is engaged, we can watch the same DVD on the front navigation screen as our daughter in the back of the car on her DVD screen. Once we disengage the parking brake and go into reverse or drive, we cannot watch the DVD movie. Is there a way for the DVD to still play in the front while driving? We often go on long road trips and would like the front passenger to have the same viewing options as our daughter in the back seat.

:blink: If you can find out how to do it without taking the dash apart let me know! If you do a search there is a way that you take the Nav unit out and cut a wire to do this but I am not going to go that far. Good Luck

i'm not quite sure about the lexus system, but a friend of mine has an aftermarket dvd system in his BMW and it came with that feature as well(only works when car is in park) however he took it to a Electronics guru that specialized in soundsystems and all that jazz. And was able to re-wire it so it only played it drive(in front).