Is 350 W/ Levinson Package.. Do They Make Them?

I’m trying to buy a IS 350 with the Nav/Mark Levinson Package… I would like the Tungsten Pearl with Black Interior… BUT.. The Dealer in Houston Texas and a couple of dealers around Boston have both told me that they have ZERO 350s with the Mark Levinson package in there allocation for the next couple of months… The Houston dealer told me he has not seen one with the Levinson package yet..

Do they make them!???? The Boston Dealer also told me that if I had to special order one.. it would run $4k-$6k more!??? Why would it cost more? Its just a matter of them filling out some paper work and look good on there sales sheet.. right? or am I wrong?

This is my first Lexus… Is it always like this?

I’m trying to buy a IS 350 with the Nav/Mark Levinson Package… I would like the Tungsten Pearl with Black Interior… BUT.. The Dealer in Houston Texas and a couple of dealers around Boston have both told me that they have ZERO 350s with the Mark Levinson package in there allocation for the next couple of months… The Houston dealer told me he has not seen one with the Levinson package yet..

Do they make them!???? The Boston Dealer also told me that if I had to special order one.. it would run $4k-$6k more!??? Why would it cost more? Its just a matter of them filling out some paper work and look good on there sales sheet.. right? or am I wrong?

No it's not always like that and no it doesn't cost any more to make a "special order." Sounds like your dealers don't want to cooperate. I know of several people who have got the Nav/ML on their 350's. They are scarce and are really selling well, but it's not impossible. I would suggest checking with some other dealers in the Northeast till you find one that's willing to order a car for you. Get on some waiting lists. Sometimes a car that was ordered gets turned down and goes to the next guy on the list. Be dilligent and be patient.

No it's not always like that and no it doesn't cost any more to make a "special order." Sounds like your dealers don't want to cooperate. I know of several people who have got the Nav/ML on their 350's. They are scarce and are really selling well, but it's not impossible. I would suggest checking with some other dealers in the Northeast till you find one that's willing to order a car for you. Get on some waiting lists. Sometimes a car that was ordered gets turned down and goes to the next guy on the list. Be dilligent and be patient.

Thanks for the reply...

The dealers I have talked 2 seem to care less.. One Dealer had a 350 on the lot but didnt know if it had the Nav/ML package... She was going to go and look and call me back... still waiting for the call... one dealer said he would look around for one... and let me know... that was last Thursday.... I emailed him Saturday... still haven't heard a word from him... I'll call him tomorrow. and see whats the story... but I guess the whole thing is... I was always under the impression that Lexus Customer Service was second to none.. so I sort of had the notion that my local dealer would take me under his/her arms and find the car I am willing to spend $42k+ on before I even test drive it or see what the color really looks like besides on paper....

Then again... It could have just been a streak of bad luck working the phones...

I'll try again tomorrow.

Again thanks for your reply..

I'd say a face to face visit is in order. Those guys can pull up every car in your region on their computer. They're probably lazy and also probably get lots of calls from just curious people.

I had emailed the internet sales manager at our dealer. He told me they had a car. I told him when I would be there to see it. I showed up, made a decent deal for my trade-in and bought the car.

No, i have the 350 with the nav/ML package and it didn't cost any more. The told me it would take about 2 months to get because i wanted black with black interior and they ended up finding the car after about 2 weeks. So it sounds like the dealer is being lazy. I'm in florida and they ended up finding one in NY and had it moved down here.