Newb ?'s: O2 Sensor, Antenna, Balljoints, Water Pump

Proteus503

Greetings!

I just bought a '92 ES300 automatic with 165k miles. I love Toyotas... I've got a heavily modded 2WD Tacoma (project vehicle)... hence the ES is going to be the daily driver. I have spent the last couple of nights combing through the forums (imagine that... a newbie using the "search" feature! :rolleyes: ). Anyway, I have a few unanswered questions...

Does my '92 ES (being OBD1) have only one O2 sensor, or two (pre and post catalitic)?

The antenna on my ES is gone... ripped out by some vandal. The motor seems functional though. Is there a cheap fix? a replacement antenna without a replacement motor? perhaps a direct swap from a junkyard camry?

From my searching through the forum, I think my ES has a ball-joint problem... bumps in the road cause a thumping / dull rattling noise from the front, drivers-side suspension... definately doesnt sound like a wheel bearing or a CV joint, but it could be a bad bushing. Is ball joint deterioration a common problem for an ES of this age / mileage? How do the OEM suspension bushings hold up over time?

Do the 3VZ engines have the same water-pump seal issue as the 5VZ (tacoma engine)?

Any other advice about the ES?

Thank you in advance for your time.

You used search (Great!), but you obviuosly didn't use it very well! :lol:

ahhhh j/k

Does my '92 ES (being OBD1) have only one O2 sensor, or two (pre and post catalitic)?

One per manifold, if your car was originally sold in CA, or NY, it will have a post-cat o2 sensor also.

The antenna...

S2000 ant. Camry ant off ebay, or buy the real ES ant.

Camry ant = one position, ES/Windom ant = two posistion.

Do the 3VZ engines have the same water-pump seal issue as the 5VZ (tacoma engine)?

The 3vz-e might, the 3vz-fe does not.