Rses Controls

vodkarocks

I've been reading the posts and looking into soloutions such as the vaistech mod to hook up an mp3 player. I had a question though about the video/audio inputs below the rear climate controls. When you open up the compartment there are two headphone inputs with volume controls and and rca jacks for video/audio (I have an 05 GX with rear climate and entertainment system.) I remember when buying it at the dealer the salesman explaining how you could hook up a playstation for example to it and connect it here and use the power outlet in the back. I tried testing these inputs by hooking up my mp3 player to the audio in jacks and I can't hear anything. I expected sounds from either the car speakers, DVD headphones or by plugging seperate headphones into the headphone jacks, but don't hear anything. What am I doing wrong and what can these inputs be used for??

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading the posts and looking into soloutions such as the vaistech mod to hook up an mp3 player. I had a question though about the video/audio inputs below the rear climate controls. When you open up the compartment there are two headphone inputs with volume controls and and rca jacks for video/audio (I have an 05 GX with rear climate and entertainment system.) I remember when buying it at the dealer the salesman explaining how you could hook up a playstation for example to it and connect it here and use the power outlet in the back. I tried testing these inputs by hooking up my mp3 player to the audio in jacks and I can't hear anything. I expected sounds from either the car speakers, DVD headphones or by plugging seperate headphones into the headphone jacks, but don't hear anything. What am I doing wrong and what can these inputs be used for??

Thanks

good question i would like to know myself

Vodka, Dr. Gee,

You can only hear it from the headphones, but you MUST use your RES remote to change the AUDIO source, sorry, GX is parked in the garage and I don't have access to the menu rigth now.

But there is an audio menu that will display and you'll just have to choose the source, the rear inputs will NOT output to ML speakers in the GX...

-Alex