Trading In 94 Es

94LexusES

Hey guys, i like my 94 ES but im looking for something with a little more style. I like the styling of the 97-01 models better than 92-96, so im looking to get one.

Is there anything i should look for before i buy? Any problems with the 97-01s? Im trying to find a platinum series or coach edition but there is only a white one for sale around here, and im not to fond of the white color. Just looking for suggestions, feedback, and/or advice. Thanks guys

Hey guys, i like my 94 ES but im looking for something with a little more style. I like the styling of the 97-01 models better than 92-96, so im looking to get one.

Is there anything i should look for before i buy? Any problems with the 97-01s? Im trying to find a platinum series or coach edition but there is only a white one for sale around here, and im not to fond of the white color. Just looking for suggestions, feedback, and/or advice. Thanks guys

Don't forget to change your name either! :cheers:

1) Never trade a car to a dealer

Whats wrong with trading a car in? The last car i had i traded it in for more than i paid for it. I dont let the sales people get the best of me. Plus, i enjoy messing with them, getting the best price, you know.

1) Never trade a car to a dealer

Whats wrong with trading a car in? The last car i had i traded it in for more than i paid for it. I dont let the sales people get the best of me. Plus, i enjoy messing with them, getting the best price, you know.

Nothing wrong w/ trading-in your car. Some dealers like to rake you on the trade-in though. In your case, you probably would get more for your '94 on a private sale than you would in trade.

Get the newest one you can afford 94......I suggest at least a 2000 because of the tail lights B)

Try & get all service & maintenance records if possible. Watch out for the engine gel issue. Good Luck! B)

:cheers:

Get the newest one you can afford 94......I suggest at least a 2000 because of the tail lights

Try & get all service & maintenance records if possible. Watch out for the engine gel issue. Good Luck!

Thanks man. I was thinking about a 2000 just because of that same reason.

Get the newest one you can afford 94......I suggest at least a 2000 because of the tail lights

Try & get all service & maintenance records if possible. Watch out for the engine gel issue. Good Luck!

Thanks man. I was thinking about a 2000 just because of that same reason.

Keep us posted & be patient in your search......I just love the back end of the 00 - 01 models......if I had to do it all over again, I'd do the same thing! B) I would also suggest getting the car with factory HID's. ;)

I found a 98 ES with about 85k on it. I really want a 2000 or 2001 but this one was absolutely beautiful. dark green mica pearl i think is what its called. totally flawless. I might have to make a sacrifice because i absolutely fell in love with this car the moment i saw it. Its about an hour away so i'll be traveling some within the next day or two. I'll let you know.

I also found a 2000 thats dark grey with 57k on it. I'll be checking that one out soon.

Im going to be patient hopefully this time since last time my lack of patience kinda screwed me over. :whistles:

Keep us posted 94, I'd be leaning towards the 2000 personally......I know it will be more expensive, but (depending on it's condition) in the end I think it will be the better buy in the long run. Just my 2 cents. B)