Is300 Tachometer Not Working After Putting In A New Gauge Cluster

m3amg43

I have a 2002 is300 auto, the clusters back lights burned out so I bought a new cluster off of ebay. New cluster was off of a 2001 is300 auto. I installed the new cluster in the car and the rpm doesnt work, the hand brake light, check engine light, and the light for the doors being open are all on. I put my old cluster back on and everything was fine. Do you know what I need to do to install this new cluster, is there a way to reset everything, thank you!

I have a 2002 is300 auto, the clusters back lights burned out so I bought a new cluster off of ebay. New cluster was off of a 2001 is300 auto. I installed the new cluster in the car and the rpm doesnt work, the hand brake light, check engine light, and the light for the doors being open are all on. I put my old cluster back on and everything was fine. Do you know what I need to do to install this new cluster, is there a way to reset everything, thank you!

I presume the cluster wasn't "NEW". Switch out the backlights from the "NEW" cluster to your original one, Then sell the remaining cluster on ebay as a " PARTS ONLY CLUSTER " and recover some of your $.

I am not real familiar with the is cluster but I think it is cold cathode ? If it is here you go:

This is for a gs but I am sure it will get you in the ballpark, You have to dismantle both clusters.

Be Careful. I am sure one of our esteemed members has more info on this. ;)

post-1634-1139581712_thumb.jpg