How I Learned To Stop Hating The "i Agree" Button

darylhuff

Since I bought my 2005 GX470 over a year ago, the only complaint I had about the car was the Big Brother nature of the car. The two things that annoyed me most was that darned "I Agree" button that I had to hit each time I started the car, and the fact that a passenger couldn't enter a destination while the car was moving.

God bless Coastaltech! I ordered the Nav Enhancement kit (http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm) from them a week ago and it arrived today. I know they don't say anything about it working on models other than the Prius, but I was willing to gamble $100 to get rid of the "I Agree" button. My gamble payed off big time. It took me less than 5 minutes to install the cable. I turned on the car, the nav system reloaded due to the cable disconnect (took 20 seconds) and when the "I Agree" button came up, wammo, it was gone. When I hit the "DEST" button the system now goes through the override sequence by itself and a destination can be entered (by a passenger) even if the car is in motion.

There have been some postings that were less than complementary about Costal Tech. My experience has been very positive. They shipped the unit promptly and it does just what I wanted it to do.

Now I just have to pull the "Speed" wire out of the connector on the back of the Multi-Display Unit this weekend so that the bluetooth capability is not crippled when the car is in motion and I've only got that stupid seat position memory button that doesn't work when the car is out of Park to fix.

Good News indeed Daryl,

You're about the 6th or 8th person to report good news on the CoastalEtech unit for the 05' model.

All,

Be aware, though that this kit is not PLUG n PLAY for 04' or 03' models. Seems the molex connectors are different... on the 04'/03' models than on the 05' GX/Prius...

-Alex

It took me less than 5 minutes to install the cable. I turned on the car, the nav system reloaded due to the cable disconnect (took 20 seconds) and when the "I Agree" button came up, wammo, it was gone.

Can you give a brief description of how the unit is installed? Do you have to remove the wood trim around the nav system to access the cable?

Antonio,

This is a PLUG n PLAY kit that does not strip any wires nor CUT any OEM wires on your LEXUS. The kit is made by CoastalETech and is basically a CABLE extender with a Circuit board on it. Think JOYSTICK extension and/or VGA monitor extension CABLE. This was originally intended for the Toyota Prius 05' but since it's NAV unit is the SAME as the GX 05' the kit now serves double duty for Toyota and Lexus.

Lexus GX - Under the passenger seat (front) is the DVD-ROM player unit for the NAVIGATION unit, bolted to the floor. There are two cables that connect to the DVD unit. Unplug the cables from the DVD unit. PLUG in one end of the CoastalETech unit into the DVD unit and the OTHER end of the Coastal unit now sport the SAME exact connectors that the DVD unit had.

Take the original two cables that were disconnected from the DVD unit and plug them into the REMAINING end of the Coastal unit and that's all!!!

***Note, you MUST pull the front passenger seat all the way back to reach the cable and the connectors...

No Mess, No Fuss, no CUTTING of OEM wire (warranty void???) and simple, but be forewarned it is a bit on the expensive side for $100.00 but then again if you're already buying a $50K vehicle this might be so bad...

Just my proverbial $.02....

-Alex

Since I bought my 2005 GX470 over a year ago, the only complaint I had about the car was the Big Brother nature of the car. The two things that annoyed me most was that darned "I Agree" button that I had to hit each time I started the car, and the fact that a passenger couldn't enter a destination while the car was moving.

God bless Coastaltech! I ordered the Nav Enhancement kit (http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm) from them a week ago and it arrived today. I know they don't say anything about it working on models other than the Prius, but I was willing to gamble $100 to get rid of the "I Agree" button. My gamble payed off big time. It took me less than 5 minutes to install the cable. I turned on the car, the nav system reloaded due to the cable disconnect (took 20 seconds) and when the "I Agree" button came up, wammo, it was gone. When I hit the "DEST" button the system now goes through the override sequence by itself and a destination can be entered (by a passenger) even if the car is in motion.

There have been some postings that were less than complementary about Costal Tech. My experience has been very positive. They shipped the unit promptly and it does just what I wanted it to do.

Now I just have to pull the "Speed" wire out of the connector on the back of the Multi-Display Unit this weekend so that the bluetooth capability is not crippled when the car is in motion and I've only got that stupid seat position memory button that doesn't work when the car is out of Park to fix.

Which kit did you buy, the Prius or the Highlander?

I bought the Prius kit and it worked fine in my 2005 GX470.

Hello,

Did you buy the "2004-2006" Prius kit correct? I am considering buy it and want to make sure I buy the right kit. Thanks.

John

Hi John,

Please note that CoastalETech has close down for about two (2) weeks due to new addition to the family! :) But they are now acknowledging the BLUETOOTH version for the GX and FULL mention of the LEXUS on their home page!!!! Exciting news indeed...

We will make the Nav Enhancement/Bluetooth Kit, Audio and Video kits for the Lexus available as soon as possible. We have new products for your application as well (plus a few added features) and will make them available as soon as we catch up, so give us a couple of weeks.

Thank you for your support and prayers,

http://www.coastaletech.com/

To be 100% sure you're getting the correct unit, I would contact them directly before placing an order, I know that their contact has been spotty in the past, if you keep calling them, they WILL eventually pick up...

Good Luck!!!!

-Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update.

Nav Enhancement/Bluetooth should be worth the wait. I hope they're really able to get caught up in a couple of weeks.

They have it listed as sold out now and I did not see a way to pre-order from the web site.

Antonio.

We will make the Nav Enhancement/Bluetooth Kit, Audio and Video kits for the Lexus available as soon as possible. We have new products for your application as well (plus a few added features) and will make them available as soon as we catch up, so give us a couple of weeks.

Thank you for your support and prayers,

Daryl,

Did you disconnect the speed wire? If so, how long did it take?

Are the wood panels difficult to remove?

Antonio.

Antonio,

Just some pointers on this... as far as the Bluetooth speed sensor its that purple wire on the second from the left (looking from behind) connector not on the main plug that's the Nav speed sensor wire... as far as removing the side wooden panels... remove the center console panels first (driver side is easier use a flat headed screwdriver) then PULL the wooden panels from the bottom UPand OUT it will take some force so you ahve to be FIRM yet gentle... just keep the direction steady (no side to side wiggling) as those piece are around $700 each... there is a special TAB on the bottom that can be used for taking them out... again just pull from the bottom up and out... alternatively you can help by wedging something from the top of the panel (not to pull from top but just to help it separate a bit for even force..

Also, don't forget to wear a diaper :) as I was scared &&&&less the first time I did it, almost soiled my pants : :cries:

Daryl,

Did you disconnect the speed wire? If so, how long did it take?

Are the wood panels difficult to remove?

Antonio.

Antonio,

Just some pointers on this... as far as the Bluetooth speed sensor its that purple wire on the second from the left (looking from behind) connector not on the main plug that's the Nav speed sensor wire... as far as removing the side wooden panels... remove the center console panels first (driver side is easier use a flat headed screwdriver) then PULL the wooden panels from the bottom UPand OUT it will take some force so you ahve to be FIRM yet gentle... just keep the direction steady (no side to side wiggling) as those piece are around $700 each... there is a special TAB on the bottom that can be used for taking them out... again just pull from the bottom up and out... alternatively you can help by wedging something from the top of the panel (not to pull from top but just to help it separate a bit for even force..

Also, don't forget to wear a diaper :) as I was scared &&&&less the first time I did it, almost soiled my pants ::cries:

Thanks for the advice.

At $700 a pop, I'm sure I'll be scared &&&&less as well.

I'll definitely remember the diaper. ;)

• 1 month later...

I ordered mine last week as well and according to UPS, it should be at my house today. I look forward to not having to push "I Agree."

It won't work on the All-In-One-Fold-Down-Screen model GPSs. I tried. Anyone want to buy mine off of me?

Yes - I have one in my 2006 GX and it works fine - I sure don't miss hitting I agree everytime I drive the thing - best $100 bucks I spent lately!

I have a 2006 GX 470, will this work in there ?

Yes - I have one in my 2006 GX and it works fine - I sure don't miss hitting I agree everytime I drive the thing - best $100 bucks I spent lately!

I have a 2006 GX 470, will this work in there ?

What is the "DELAY" (10 seconds? 1 minute ?) from turning the car on to being able to use the NAV with this "enhancement" ?