What Settings Are Lost When Battery Is Removed.

robinzon

Robinzon,

Had to disco battery for my HID installation and when I did that, I lost my custom settings for the door locks, seating positions, mirror positions and the POWER windows had to be reset.

If you don't reset power windows you will not ba able to open the windows at all... Have to dig through the threads again but it was something like from drivers side lower the first window halfway down and then bring it all the way back up, the front passenger side then BOTH rear passengers and the SUN roof too...

I don't remember if the radio stations we're reset, sorry... I'll post more details when I find it again...

Tony's review on Clublexus for HID installation ("Sticky"?) has this listed on page 3 or 4...

-Alex

Thanks for the quick responses, so I guess its not THAT scary :) I intend to install HID fogs shortly, the lows are installed but I did not remove the battery yet I WILL have to this time to reposition the ballasts and install the complete relay. I don't see why the windows need recalibration does that have to do with the automatic obstruction avoidance in the windows? as far as mirrors and windows I guess when you reconnect the battery I assume they remain where you last left them so that you can simply hit SET + M1?

thanks for the info. BTW: did you guys simply screw the HOT wire off the HID harness to the exisiting screw on the factory clamp? I think I still have a GOLD battery contact somwhere that I did not use for an audio install and I was thinking of maybe using that..

I removed my battery for HID installation and had to reset power seats, mirrors, and windows.

The radio station presets and bluetooth phone book entries were not affected.

Rob,

Yes on the clamp, if you're talking about the XenonDepot kit, that's exactly what I did, but I did tuck the "hot" red wire nice and neat. I believe you're right about the AUTO object avoidance on the power windows and that is probably why it needs to be reset... Hitting L1 or L2 on the memory seat function will not restore it this...

Good Luck...

-Alex

BTW, I didn't forget, here is the quote: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=hid+diy

(Page 3) on my browser

Calibrating your windows after battery connection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to tell you guys that after you reconnect your battery the windows need to be calibrated. The way you do this is watch for a blinking window button on each door. You have to do the exact sequence of each door as it blinks or you cannot use your windows. Here are the steps.

first the driver window button will blink. lower the window half way down then raise the window up to max and hold the button for 5 seconds. Then the front passenger window button will light up and you do the same thing for each door as it lights up. It goes driver, front passenger, rear passenger side then rear driver side then do your sunroof by hitting the tilt button hold for 5 seconds and that calibrates all the windows. Took me 20 minutes to figure this out because the instructions are vague in the owners manual.