2002 Is300 Clutch Problem

Crawshaw

I bought a 2002 IS300 from a dealer here in Reno, Nv. I have had it for about three months and paid a little over 18 grand for it, they were asking 24,950. It has around 60,000+ miles on it and in great shape.

My Problem is a few weeks ago it seamed like the cluth was starting to slip, I babied it for a day or so then the next day I was goiong to take it to the shop to get it checked out. It will not go into gear, or if the car is off and I put into gear and then start it, the car will jump foward.....

The clutch fluid is full and the clutch it self feels free, no pressure at all.... :cries: Any Idea's? Thanks for your time...

r1av8r@yahoo.com

J. Crawshaw

The only recognized clutch problem that I know of was a noise from the clutch throwout bearing. There's a TSB for that.

We do know that the clutch is the weak link in the manual IS300 models. People found that out when they went to turbo applications.

About all you can do is take it to Lexus and find out if it's something they will fix on the drive train warranty. I believe that's 70,000 miles.

My Problem is a few weeks ago it seamed like the cluth was starting to slip, I babied it for a day or so then the next day I was goiong to take it to the shop to get it checked out. It will not go into gear, or if the car is off and I put into gear and then start it, the car will jump foward.....

The clutch fluid is full and the clutch it self feels free, no pressure at all....:cries: Any Idea's? Thanks for your time...

r1av8r@yahoo.com

J. Crawshaw

Your clutch sounds like it's out of adjustment. Meaning, when you fully press down on the clutch lever, the clutch is not releasing 100%. It's not safe to drive around like this. If the clutch itself is in good shape, should be just a simple adjustment by your mechanic.