Sirius Integration - Title And Artist Half Cut Off?

robinzon

Hey all installed the ES sirius Kit... for some reason the Title and Artist are cut off at the end... I know some other people had that problem... any solution to that?

I believe that is normal because the present system wasn't designed for satellite radio text.

Where did you mount the antenna?

I mounted the antenna on the right side of the roof, since if I mount it in the middle the rubber gasket sticks out too much but much less so in the corner hence the mounting point, you can run the antenna right under the gasket then down and under the panel sills (doors) to the seat... easy... now as far as the title, since the unit was designed to handle Satellite Radio I am sure it was made so to show full title, otherwise it would simply not work... (or so I would think)

Hey all installed the ES sirius Kit... for some reason the Title and Artist are cut off at the end... I know some other people had that problem... any solution to that?

I believe that is normal because the present system wasn't designed for satellite radio text.

Where did you mount the antenna?

• 1 month later...

:chairshot: I guess I am pounding my own head on this one. They are reports of this happening and L#xus has stopped installing the Sirius on the 06 GX470, or at least some dealerships have stopped. A lot of customers are complaining of the same issue. So, they do not make a kit specifically for the GX? Is everyone using the ES kit? I understand the NAV units are the same, so does that mean it is happening on the ES' also?

:chairshot: I guess I am pounding my own head on this one. They are reports of this happening and L#xus has stopped installing the Sirius on the 06 GX470, or at least some dealerships have stopped. A lot of customers are complaining of the same issue. So, they do not make a kit specifically for the GX? Is everyone using the ES kit? I understand the NAV units are the same, so does that mean it is happening on the ES' also?

I just got off the phone with Sewell Lexus and he stated that Lexus has told all dealers to stop selling the Sirius receiver #PTS31-00052 due to a possible problem that they are looking into. This is the same Sirius receiver that they use to install Sirius in all their models. Maybe they will fix it so the titles and artists get spelled out in full instead of the current 10 character limit? But, I doubt it.

I had a 3rd party install the EX kit into my GX470 at the recomendation of the Lexus sales rep. Lexus does not imply nor suggest that sat. radio is available in the GX 470. My salesperson told me how to use the ES kit to get Sirius or XM integrated into the Nav. It was a, "I really shouldn't tell you this but, wink - wink".... type of situation.

While the Sirius kit I have installed does cut-off the text of the song & artist, it does provide an integrated sat solution that appears to be factory. It can be frustrating with the cut-off text but overall the integration and sound quality are worth the inconvenience.

Since Lexus does not provide a sat solution for the gx-470 this is the best we can do. I can't imagine anyone having the ES kit installed and not being more than satisfied with the nav integration. I absolutely dislike the look or feel of any non-OEM electronics (other than headrest monitors) and this satisfied my requirements quite well.

If you are in NJ, I've used PJ's Wireless Warehouse (across the street from Warnock Lexus) to have the ES Sirius kit installed, two headrest monitors, NAV TV and the IPOD hookup. They do a great job.

Here is the situation. Ever since I posted, they have taken the Sirius reciever off the shelf. I cannot find it anywhere, except for calling all the dealership to see if they have it in stock. Other than that, I am SOL.

Here is the situation. Ever since I posted, they have taken the Sirius reciever off the shelf. I cannot find it anywhere, except for calling all the dealership to see if they have it in stock. Other than that, I am SOL.

Call Warnock Lexus in Livinsgton, NJ and request an ES Sat kit for Sirius or XM. They will ship it to you. I don't think they are hiding anything.

www.lexus-parts.com now has the Sirius receivers available again. Guess they weren't on hold for very long.

I just installed the LX Sirius kit in my 06 GX today and it works great. And yes, the title and artist of most songs is cut off, but for the convenience and pleasure of having satellite radio in my GX, I'm very happy. Plus I got a 3 month subscription for free and they waived the activation fee. Not a bad deal since I saved the labor charge and wound up paying $270.00 for the Sirius receiver and the fit kit. :)