Potential Buyer For 350/? About Keyless Entry

Alright, so I am thinking of buying an IS350. But I have a few questions that needs to be cleared.

1.) Possible Scenario: While your car is in movement, your child decides to play with the radio wireless key remote, and suddenly throws it out the door. Possible Scenario #2: While your car is in movement, your remote battery is depleted. Does the car's engine suddenly turn off automatically because the key is not present within the car's range or the battery of the remote is depleted?

2.) If your remote battery is depleted, and you use the mechanical key--will you be able to turn on the engine with the mechanical key? Where is the mechanical keyhole located on the door and on the inside compartment?

I think that is it. I know the questions are...stupid to ask. But I just want to be clear. I tried finding it in the owner's manuel located in the forums, but I can't seem to find the answers to my questions.

_G. :)

1. Use a little common sense. Don't let your child play with what amounts to the key to the car. Keep it in a pocket or some other safe place, much like you'd do with your keys in car without keyless start. But to answer the question, I highly doubt that a car manufacturer would design a car that would shut itself off while already in motion. The potential for lawsuits in the US would be astronomical.

2. Yes, there are instruction in the owners manual. You just hold the fob up to the start button. It continues to transmit even with a depleted battery.

Alright, so I am thinking of buying an IS350. But I have a few questions that needs to be cleared.

1.) Possible Scenario: While your car is in movement, your child decides to play with the radio wireless key remote, and suddenly throws it out the door. Possible Scenario #2: While your car is in movement, your remote battery is depleted. Does the car's engine suddenly turn off automatically because the key is not present within the car's range or the battery of the remote is depleted?

2.) If your remote battery is depleted, and you use the mechanical key--will you be able to turn on the engine with the mechanical key? Where is the mechanical keyhole located on the door and on the inside compartment?

I think that is it. I know the questions are...stupid to ask. But I just want to be clear. I tried finding it in the owner's manuel located in the forums, but I can't seem to find the answers to my questions.

_G. :)

Keep the key in your pocket. There is no need to have it where the kid could get it anyway. I believe you can also lock out the passenger window switches to the kid couldn't open a window. A little kid should be strapped into the back seat as well.

However, if the key is thrown out or whatever, the car will continue to run. You just won't be able to restart it once you shut it off.

Heffergm is also correct about the dead battery scenario. The mechanical key hole for the door is under the trim at the rear of the door handle, you have to pry the little trim piece off with the key and then insert. The mechanical key also works to lock the glove box and lock/unlock the trunk if needed.