Heated Seat

My heated seat on my drive side, does not come on, my passenger seat works just fine and the power light comes on when I flip the switch, but the driver seat does not any suggestions? thanks

Does the light on the drivers seat switch come on ? Check the fuses, Connections, Most likely the switch is dirty, But it could be the element.

Both seat heaters are fed from the same fuse, SEAT-HTR 20A, located in the passenger's side kick panel. If one seat works, then the fuse is not the problem. Check to be sure that the seat is in fact not functioning. The lamp in the switch may have just burned out. It is a special order lamp, Lexus only. There are two types of lamps in the seat heater switch. Two are "T" shaped indicator lamps, and one is a twist-base lamp to illuminate the switch. If you find the seat to work but the lamp does not illuminate, call your dealer and order a bulb (or all of them) your choice.

To replace, apply parking brake with key in on position, engine not running. Select "D" to move the shifter out of the way. Open and pull out the ashtray. Disconnect the electrical connector for the ashtray light. Pull up on the rear of the wood bezel surrounding the switch. Reach under and disconnect all electrical connectors. They wires are short, be careful. Remove the entire wood panel. The switch may have to be carefully unsnapped from the holder to access the lamps. A small flat blade screwdriver and some patience will do.

If the seat does indeed not work, remove the switch and turn on the suspect switch. Using a multimeter, check for continuity between terminal 8 (light green wire) and terminal 2 (black and yellow wire) on the switch. If the switch shows continuity when in the on position, it's not the switch.

Most likely you will find the bulb is out. Good luck.

Seat_Heater_Circuit.pdf