Check Air Conditioner Message

wsburns11

Have a 2003 gx. was one of the first to own one. car has been good to me. now 40k miles. About a year ago I started getting the "check air conditioner" message---and, in fact, when the message is on, there is no cold air. the problem comes and goes. brought it to two lexus service shops. unfortunately, when i brought the car in the message wasnt on and both times service told me they couldnt find a problem.. It's now winter in new jersey and the check message is coming on again.

has anyone else had this problem?

Have a 2003 gx. was one of the first to own one. car has been good to me. now 40k miles. About a year ago I started getting the "check air conditioner" message---and, in fact, when the message is on, there is no cold air. the problem comes and goes. brought it to two lexus service shops. unfortunately, when i brought the car in the message wasnt on and both times service told me they couldnt find a problem.. It's now winter in new jersey and the check message is coming on again.

have Lexus dealer check service bulletin EL009-05 refering to a/c magnetic clutch relay failure/sticking--should be covered under warranty 4yr/50k miles--applied to ES (02-04) and GX (03-04)--usually causes A/c light to flash indicating A/C compressor trying to come on but cant because of faulty relay--an updated relay is avail to fix condition---I am a Lexus master tech here in ATL and you can email me if you have any further quest.--hope this helps

have Lexus dealer check service bulletin EL009-05 refering to a/c magnetic clutch relay failure/sticking--should be covered under warranty 4yr/50k miles--applied to ES (02-04) and GX (03-04)--usually causes A/c light to flash indicating A/C compressor trying to come on but cant because of faulty relay--an updated relay is avail to fix condition---I am a Lexus master tech here in ATL and you can email me if you have any further quest.--hope this helps

Thanks so much. I have a nav system and the warning is displayed "CHECK AIR CONDITIONER". There is no "A/C Light" in my car. Are still talking about the same problem. Is this the way you wanted me to reach you? if not, what is your email address? thanks again.