Brake Problem ....get Your Input

mh6

Here is my situation,

my brakess were working well and smotth til a couple of weeks ago when all of sudden I started feeling

brake pulsing (not really throught the pedal) when coming to stops. Now it seems to vary sometimes, being worst at times than others and sometimes it feels smooth again.

Question is do you think it is a cailper slide sticking issue or caliper bore sticking issue ??

Hope I have my thoughts right on the above.

Thank for your time and effort.

First, determine whether you have any brake fluid leaks. If you're losing fluid, you look for the source of the leak and then go from there.

From my own experience, an intermittent brake problem after a particular vehicle was 6 to 8 years old was traced back to the master cylinder beginning to fail. But it could be a number of other things instead. Check your brake fluid condition first and determine if you have a leak.

I have checked the entire system it, no leaks and no drop in fluid level.

I going going to remove the front tires and look at things much closer.

Perhaps the caliper is not moving freely as it should.

Here is my situation,

my brakess were working well and smotth til a couple of weeks ago when all of sudden I started feeling

brake pulsing (not really throught the pedal) when coming to stops. Now it seems to vary sometimes, being worst at times than others and sometimes it feels smooth again.

Question is do you think it is a cailper slide sticking issue or caliper bore sticking issue ??

Being that you said "not really through the pedal" is it safe to assume it is not an ABS type of brake pulsing?

Check your parking brake. I have a problem with mine sticking, especially when it gets wet. When it is stuck, it feels and sounds like a bad rotor or tire, except you don't feel the pulsating through the pedal.

Here is my situation,

I have experienced a brake pulsing problems, replaced the brake pads and rotors only to find out it was the ABS system that's giving me the problem. If you get very smooth braking at times and pulses like the ABS is kicking in, then you might want to check the ABS. I haven't had time to find out which part of the ABS is at fault. You can try this by pulling the ABS fuse/relay, if the problem went away, then it is the ABS.