Navigation Face Plate Stolen

OldSeabee

My wife and I took home our 2006 ES 330 two months ago and so far it's a wonderful car. But others thought so too. A car thief last weekend somehow gained entrance to the car parked in front of our Townhome and Jimmied the front plate off the Navigation system. Guess how much the Lexus dealer is charging to fix it... would you believe $3500?

Wow! Luckily our insurance company will pay all but $100 of the tab (State Farm is Great!) but we feel really bad about the thief who did so much damage and got only the plate. I will swear that I locked it up tight but no alarm sounded. All comments appreciated, especially how to prevent another break-in.

An aftermarket alarm with a shock sensor would be the easiest detractor.

Or a good alarm shop who knows how to add a shock sensor to a factory alarm system which can be also done easily.

BTW your model shows up as an AS 330 to the left of your posts

An aftermarket alarm with a shock sensor would be the easiest detractor.

Or a good alarm shop who knows how to add a shock sensor to a factory alarm system which can be also done easily.

BTW your model shows up as an AS 330 to the left of your posts

It seems to me that the car was left unlocked, You don't mention any evidence of forced entry, If someone would have some kind of master key they surely would have taken what they wanted rather than just damage the trim/faceplate.