Is250

We picked up our IS250 yesterday from Lexus of Austin. Whole thing took 45 minutes. They offered but did not push extended warranties, tire/rim warranty, etc. Took tour of Lexus service dept and garage (you could eat a meal off the floors). Salesman (son of one of my wife's fellow Rotarians) was super nice and gave us a bottle of "Lexus" champagne as he gave us the keys.

Went for short drive from Austin to Wimberly. Car has taut feel to it. Need to fiddle with lumbar support/seat angle to get more comfortable. As predicted, rear visibility is limited. Auto tranny shifts seamlessly. I won't try the paddle shifters until after the break-in period.

The boy racer in me still occasionally wishes that I got the IS350 but I remember the famous saying by Lord Acton; "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Having the IS350 would have me doing aggressive driving antics like breaking the hearts of Mustang owners and other "victims" and I'm too old for that st nowadays. This car has plenty of power for me.

I just wish that I hadn't seen the HKS Sport Exhaust in the accessories catalog. I promised the wife that I wouldn't do any mods to this car. I like the compass headings that show in the rear view mirror -- maybe that's enough of a "NAV" system for me. :)

Thumbs Up.....Ron

We picked up our IS250 yesterday from Lexus of Austin. Whole thing took 45 minutes. They offered but did not push extended warranties, tire/rim warranty, etc. Took tour of Lexus service dept and garage (you could eat a meal off the floors). Salesman (son of one of my wife's fellow Rotarians) was super nice and gave us a bottle of "Lexus" champagne as he gave us the keys.

Went for short drive from Austin to Wimberly. Car has taut feel to it. Need to fiddle with lumbar support/seat angle to get more comfortable. As predicted, rear visibility is limited. Auto tranny shifts seamlessly. I won't try the paddle shifters until after the break-in period.

The boy racer in me still occasionally wishes that I got the IS350 but I remember the famous saying by Lord Acton; "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Having the IS350 would have me doing aggressive driving antics like breaking the hearts of Mustang owners and other "victims" and I'm too old for that st nowadays. This car has plenty of power for me.

I just wish that I hadn't seen the HKS Sport Exhaust in the accessories catalog. I promised the wife that I wouldn't do any mods to this car. I like the compass headings that show in the rear view mirror -- maybe that's enough of a "NAV" system for me. :)

Thumbs Up.....Ron

Good Choice, Congrats :cheers:

Congratulations!

I just took delivery of my IS350 on the 19th. Now I just need to get past this break-in period.

Thumbs Up.....Ron

Good Choice, Congrats :cheers: