Comments

Sometimes I read the replies to peoples questions and the rude sarcasm really annoys me....its really not necessary...I understand that people dont search the forums for answers sometimes but there are people who actually do search and just might be typing the wrong keywords....they give up, and decide to post the topic..

Things like "WELL if you would have searched the forums!" etc. shouldnt be tolerated here.

This isnt geared toward anyone but every now and then I see this and it *BLEEP*es me off...

Sorry for not being perfect!

Searching is not the easiest thing ,but to be honest 90% of new questions used to be repetitive before i added my signature.

Since then it has changed and most times it is to clarify terms or questions in a previous post as to how it may pertain to the exact situation.

What it comes down to is respect.

If I or any member spends more than 20 minutes to make a detailed answer with specific ways of doing things as much as it might sound annoying to be told to search it is more annoying that someone won't even take the time to look for the info that someone spent a long time ti write in a thread.

I find most people who don't like to be told to search as the ones who never have made a post or thread with real definitive info .

So ,no one has to be perfect but at least try . I respect members who are new and have realised forum etiquette that prevails on every forum to search before you post. By showing that you tried and failed to search and use details of posts which had nothing to do with what you where looking for i am more than happy to help answer the question or at the very least give options of key search words to use.

No one is trying to be rude but walking in to a forum and asking how to change you antenna for the 12th time in a week you might as well be walking into someones house and wearing your shoes on theatre white carpets.

Everyone sees this from a different point of view but everyone who does make information rich posts that take more than a few minutes to post always get on the bandwagon and would prefer a person to search before posting.

The only time i do not care or look the other way is when someone becomes a gold member off the bat before or at the beginning of posting.

They are supporting the club ( which i do not make anything from,ever) so in turn i would like to make it a return on there investment.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Hats off to you, SKperformance. I share much the same views as you do about asking questions already answered. Like you, I spend a great deal of time researching, constructing detailed explainations, posting .pdfs from the service manuals, etc.

I never expect any "thank yous" or anything else. I suppose I just blindly respect that other users of the forum should have the common sense and courtesy to look around a bit before firing off their questions.

As it is personally irritating to me, I have to imagine that some percentage of the people using the forms just don't know how the program works, or how to use the forums to their best advantage. If I had the chance to make a suggestion to improve the situation, both for the sake of the people looking and the people answering, I would like to see a "did you search" screen pop up after hitting the post button for those people with limited posts or new member status. In the "did you search" box would be a link to detailed instructions on how searching works and why it's a good idea to do so. Also, this information page should be required reading for each new member, prior to receiving post privileges.

I ask myself, why do I put the time into answering all these questions? The only explaination I can come up with is that I am a "Type A" personality. I believe that there is an answer to almost every question and I take great pleasure in finding that answer. What I learn in the process is of benefit to my personal knowledge of the subject. At work, I get paid to find the answers. Often, they are answers to easy questions that the asker simply did not take the time to research. It is easier to ask someone else than to look for yourself. Unfortunately, with this attitude, the person asking never improves their ability to solve a problem.

As I said, at work, I get paid to find the answers. Here in the forums, I do it just because I like the challenge. :D

Well said also GUY,

I love analogies and am known to make them up all the time ,

So here is one that i see fit ,

You wouldn't walk into a library and ask the librarian to write a paper or report for you because they have read most of the book and are knowledgeable.