Is300 Interior

MingF

My friend just purchased a used 2001 IS300 for $22000 with 56,000K on it. I thought that was a pretty good price for the car considering the mileage on it for a 2001. I was curious tho..i thought the IS comes with leather and swede fabric seats as standard. But her IS has full cloth fabric...not leather/swede or full leather.? Did Lexus offer full cloth fabric on the IS before? I'm just curious...cuz i wonder if the previous owner had changed the seats. ??

i have a 2002 is300, and i dont have full leather seats, but they arent full cloth either. In the center parts of the chair, back and seat, its a type of fabric, but the edges of the seat and behind the seat are leather.

I just purchased a used 2004 IS 300 with full leather seats for $24,000. I have noticed on some of the older cars the inserts on the seat are some sort of fabric, but the rest of the seat is leather.

My friend just purchased a used 2001 IS300 for $22000 with 56,000K on it. I thought that was a pretty good price for the car considering the mileage on it for a 2001. I was curious tho..i thought the IS comes with leather and swede fabric seats as standard. But her IS has full cloth fabric...not leather/swede or full leather.? Did Lexus offer full cloth fabric on the IS before? I'm just curious...cuz i wonder if the previous owner had changed the seats. ??

In the US the base seats were "escaine", which is a type of synthetic suede. The seat backs and seating surfaces are suede like while the edge trim is a leather that almost seems like vinyl.

• 2 months later...

In the US the base seats were "escaine", which is a type of synthetic suede. The seat backs and seating surfaces are suede like while the edge trim is a leather that almost seems like vinyl.

Yea the seats on her Lexus does not have any leather trim on the edge of the seats. There's absolutely no leather ...just full fabric throughout the seats.

Yea the seats on her Lexus does not have any leather trim on the edge of the seats. There's absolutely no leather ...just full fabric throughout the seats.

Since that was posted I've seen that the base cars came with cloth seats in Canada.