Diy Front End Work......lesson Learned!

uakicker

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to share a nightmare I ran into this past week working on my wife's 97 LS. I planned on replacing the front struts and strut mounts to get rid of a clunk in the front end. I ordered the strut mounts online (Moog) trying to save some money over the dealer. I got the struts locally. Well, to make a long story short, I recommend to NEVER, EVER use non-oem parts for the front end. The factory insulators (rubber part that shields the strut rod from dirt) did not fit properly on the non-oem strut mounts and one of them ended up tearing. Both the "bumpers" were cracked or broken therefore needing to be replaced. To say the least, I have to do the job all over again, this time with factory parts so that it's done right. Sorry about the long-winded post........I just don't want anyone else to experience this!!!!!!! What a pain in the BUTT!!

Mike

When you say bumpers you are talking about the rubber bump stops not the front impact bumper of the car ,right?

SK

That's correct.......I'm talking about the bumper stops that go over the strut rod. Sorry about the confusion.

Mike