Romoving Or By-passing The Hydraulic Fan Pump Sc400?

JIBBBY

Hey people, by any chance does anyone on this forum know how to disable, remove, or deaden the hydraulic oil driven pump on a 1992 SC400. I am in the process of installing an electric fan and have removed the oil driven stock fan and all the assessories that go with it, but now I am at a stand still as to what to do with the hydraulic pump that runs on the serpentine belt. I know I can loop or bridge the two in/out oil lines to circle and allow easy oil flow and which in turn allows the pump to function normally, but my goal is to free up as much horsepower as possible and to remove or disable a pump I won't ever be using seems like the best choice to me. I am wondering if I can gut or disable the pump and or remove it and shorten the belt and not have the pump run at all and plug the two oil lines?

That is what I want to do, now I know there is a sensor next to the pump that tells the ECU to activate or power the hydraulic pump, which then pushes the pressurised oil to drive the stock fan. Can the signal be deleted which deadens the pump completely? Does anyone out there even know what I am talking about and can relate to what I am saying and asking? I am looking for answers and can't find any on any of the other forums I am hoping good old Club Lexus can help me out on this. This electric fan change frees up horse power, frees up a lot of engine space and also allows you to remove about 25lbs of crap and weight. Please can anyone talk to me about this mod it is the final step that I am stuck with in completing this fan swap....

post-13978-1137300222_thumb.jpg

Thanks I figured it out, remove the vains to the hydaulic oil pump re-seal and re-install, the pump will still functionnoramlly but with no load...I can plug the oil lines and remove all the hydraulic fan crap, oil cooler, rubber lines, and gain 10-20 hp, it's all good.... Thanks

Get a fan bracket from a LS400 and install it.