Bluetooth Error

ccw2006rx330

Has anyone encountered this issue? The navigation system with bluetooth on my wife's '06 RX330 will drop the call in process when a second call comes in and then goes to voice mail. The condition is she is talking on her cell phone which is connected through the navigation system handsfree (bluetooth). A second call comes in. You hear beeps indicating an in coming call. She igornes the second call and lets it go to voice mail. As soon as the second call transfers over to voice mail the call in process drops. A message is displayed on the nav screen indicating that the call was dropped by the network.

We've tried it on two different Motorola Razr V3 phones connected to the handsfree and both did the same thing. Neither do it when connected to a Motorola handsfree headset (bluetooth also).

It appears to be an error in the handsfree function of the Lexus.

yes this is a known problem. if you have cingular the newest update for my treo phone fixed this problem. it was very frustrating to lose your first call when call waiting came on. you are left with no calls. because the software update fixed it on my phone im wondering if it is a lexus problem or one with your phone provider. who is your carrier

My treo only disconnected calls when call waiting was initiated in the Lexus via bluetooth. I use a Motorola hs820 bluetooth headset and it has always worked well, allowing me the full functions of the phone with no disconnection issues. some days i prefer to use the headset only with the treo hands free, even while in the vehicle.

My treo only disconnected calls when call waiting was initiated in the Lexus via bluetooth. I use a Motorola hs820 bluetooth headset and it has always worked well, allowing me the full functions of the phone with no disconnection issues. some days i prefer to use the headset only with the treo hands free, even while in the vehicle.

After an hour on the line with Cingular I got what I expected. " It's not a network issue you have to call Motorola or Lexus." The Cingular technician (and I use that term loosely) would not even open a trouble ticket on Motorola equipment that they sell. I work in what is left of the telecommunications industry and I am so *BLEEP*ed off about the lack of intelligent customer support in this business.

The Lexus dealer said, " yup we know it's an issue with some phones and we don't know how to fix it". I will start trying to get a response from Motorola but it doesn't look like this one is going to get fixed right away.

cellular phone help does rank up there among the worst and it is the luck of the draw to find someone qualified to answer phone questions other than the normal billing stuff. i have had luck asking for a technical services department with cingular especially if you have a business account they can sometimes shift you over to to other departments for help. there are technical people there behind the scenes of the customer service desk so be insistent on finding one, even if you have to ask for a supervisor.

• 3 weeks later...

As a follow up to my post on Bluetooth in the RX 330 dropping calls when Call Waiting is activated.

Motorola passed the issue to Cingular, who said they will not look into it as they deem it an " accessory" issue, rather than a problem with the network or handset. Lexus Customer Service was extremely helpful but the end result is they don't have a fix and have determined that their Bluetooth Handsfree will not support Call Waiting in most phones. They have referred it for review for a possible update in the future.

The only work arounds for now are:

1. Disable call waiting on the Motorola Razr handset. The second call will go directly to Voice Mail if you are on a call.

2. Use the handset, # button, to switch between calls. Not ideal if you're driving but it works so that you don't loose both calls.