Alternator, Pws Pump, Battery, & Anti Theft Device Problems

SirSam

I did some searching but nothing that answered my questions to the entirety.

To make it short as possible, battery light came on, cars power started to dissipate, I looked and noticed power steering pump leaking on alternator . So I bought a new battery & installed it so i could drive it home. Now I do NOT get any ignition response, dash lights, power tilt wheel, power seats, power locks, or power windows. However I DO get headlights, brake lights, turn signals, ignition ring light, & door ajar beep. This leads me to believe that the Anti theft System is engaged somehow. I checked all the fuses in the kick panel and engine compartment and they are all FINE, except for the 2 listed below. So my first step would be to get my car started & remedy this problem before I even attempt to replace Power Steering Pump & Alternator.

In the engine compartment fuse box I noticed that the ALT 150a & the ALT Sensing 7.5a fuses are blown. My question is, would those fuses blow if the alternator went bad or is that possibly the cause of my alternator not charging because the fues blew & its not the result of the power steering fluid? If I replaced those fuses would they blow again if the alternator was bad?

Once I get my car started I will continue onto the next task, but does anyone know how in the would to reset the Anti Theft device? I talked to the dealership and they said to, "cycle the master key in all of the exterior key cylinders in an attempt to reset the anti-theft system." Which I tryed but the key I have when I bought my car looks like a spare, it had no remote alarm built into it and thats all I was given. I tryed several times in different combinations in all the exterior locks but had no response whatsoever. I would love to get my car back in my garage without having to tow her. I can get some pictures up of what im looking at if anyone needs them. Thank you to anyone who can help me with this its much appreciated.

Just a quick note also: I don't get any repsonse at all when I turn the ignition to on or all the way, no dash lights, no power wheel tilt, or cigarette lighter, I get no engine repsonse whatsoever. Well only thing it does is beep when i insert the key(door is open/door ajar), thats it.

I did some searching but nothing that answered my questions to the entirety.

To make it short as possible, battery light came on, cars power started to dissipate, I looked and noticed power steering pump leaking on alternator . So I bought a new battery & installed it so i could drive it home. Now I do NOT get any ignition response, dash lights, power tilt wheel, power seats, power locks, or power windows. However I DO get headlights, brake lights, turn signals, ignition ring light, & door ajar beep. This leads me to believe that the Anti theft System is engaged somehow. I checked all the fuses in the kick panel and engine compartment and they are all FINE, except for the 2 listed below. So my first step would be to get my car started & remedy this problem before I even attempt to replace Power Steering Pump & Alternator.

In the engine compartment fuse box I noticed that the ALT 150a & the ALT Sensing 7.5a fuses are blown. My question is, would those fuses blow if the alternator went bad or is that possibly the cause of my alternator not charging because the fues blew & its not the result of the power steering fluid? If I replaced those fuses would they blow again if the alternator was bad?

Once I get my car started I will continue onto the next task, but does anyone know how in the would to reset the Anti Theft device? I talked to the dealership and they said to, "cycle the master key in all of the exterior key cylinders in an attempt to reset the anti-theft system." Which I tryed but the key I have when I bought my car looks like a spare, it had no remote alarm built into it and thats all I was given. I tryed several times in different combinations in all the exterior locks but had no response whatsoever. I would love to get my car back in my garage without having to tow her. I can get some pictures up of what im looking at if anyone needs them. Thank you to anyone who can help me with this its much appreciated.

Just a quick note also: I don't get any repsonse at all when I turn the ignition to on or all the way, no dash lights, no power wheel tilt, or cigarette lighter, I get no engine repsonse whatsoever. Well only thing it does is beep when i insert the key(door is open/door ajar), thats it.

• 5 years later...