Rx330 Tires

e2vincent

Hi:

I own a 2004 RX330 with 47K miles on it, and it is time to change the OEM Goodyear tires with 4 new sets.

I've done some research for my tire size P235/55/R18, the camp is divided to Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 and Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Many tirerack.com reviews gear towards Bridgestone. Any opinions ?

Also, I found out that small wheel diameter (R17), gives me a better price $97 for Michelin Energy LX4, but it is S rating. What do I gain/lose changing from 18" to 17" ?

BR,

V.

Hi:

I own a 2004 RX330 with 47K miles on it, and it is time to change the OEM Goodyear tires with 4 new sets.

I've done some research for my tire size P235/55/R18, the camp is divided to Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 and Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Many tirerack.com reviews gear towards Bridgestone. Any opinions ?

Also, I found out that small wheel diameter (R17), gives me a better price $97 for Michelin Energy LX4, but it is S rating. What do I gain/lose changing from 18" to 17" ?

BR,

V.

How are you going to put 17" tires on your 18' wheels??

The savings with the 17" tires are going to be offest by the cost of the new wheels.

Actually you're quite lucky you got 47k miles out of your GYs. Most people get around 25K mi.

Edited by cantsleepnk

That won't happen. Like what you said, it is too much hassle.

BTW, Bridgestone Alenza ($150/=) is having buy 3 get 1 free sale (Firestone in Austin TX) right now, and Michelin MXV4 S8 is at $159/=. I'd prefer Michelin, but BS Alenza is OEM for Mecedes ML320 as well. Decision, decision, decision.

BTW, Bridgestone Alenza ($150/=) is having buy 3 get 1 free sale (Firestone in Austin TX) right now, and Michelin MXV4 S8 is at $159/=. I'd prefer Michelin, but BS Alenza is OEM for Mecedes ML320 as well. Decision, decision, decision.

Sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me.

I'd go with the Bridgestones. I just bought a certified '04 from the San Antonio dealer, and they replaced the oem's with 26K on them. I got Goodyears for free, next set will be Bridgestone,Kumho, Toyo. I've run autocross, and SUV Kumhos, and Bridgestones, and have been very happy. MXV4s don't wear well, plus the additional costs. Good luck with whatever you buy.

-Chris

'95 Range Rover

'92 Miata

'04 RX330