Mark Levenson Stereo Question?

bahgee

Is this available on the RX only if you purchase the NAV, or can you get it as a seperate option? Also, does it come with a subwoofer and if so, how is the bass? Where is the sub located? Thanks.

I believe that is the case. I wanted the ML stereo when we purchased our RX330 back in 2003 and all of the 330's that had ML also had NAV. I told the dealer that I didn't need/want the NAV but he said that it wasn't really a choice- ML stereo comes with NAV! Still don't use the NAV that much but love the ML stereo!

The ML system doesn't have a sub. I think it uses two 6x9 longthrows for most of its bass so it might have the "boom" that some people like. I have the bass set to the max (5) and its just right for me. My wife and I are still impressed with the quality of sound.

I've attached a picture of the locations and types of speakers for the ML system on the RX330. Hope it helps!

Cole

post-4993-1137002016_thumb.jpg

Is this available on the RX only if you purchase the NAV, or can you get it as a seperate option? Also, does it come with a subwoofer and if so, how is the bass? Where is the sub located? Thanks.

How much bass do you like? I would say the bass is pretty similar to a home setup where everything is pretty balanced. That said, the bass is no where what you will see in a typical 10" car sub in a sealed box. I have another vehicle with a competition level after market stereo system. While the ML isn't at that level, it still sounds very good and the sound stage is pretty amazing.

Regretably i didnt get the ML but i did get the nav lol. looking at that photo, i realize you dont get any extra speakers except the one in the center. I keep my bass at level 5 as well and its good enough. lol Im guessing theres just more watts.

Actually, the stock stereo is 8 speakers where the ML has 11 according to the Lexus site. I think the extra 3 speakers are the 2.5 metal mid-high drives located as the base of the window and also the center speaker. The ML also has a 7 channel amp.

And all the components are much higher quality with better connectors etc.

I think the rationale behind not having a sub was to eliminate the common bass booming you see with SUVs that have subs in the rear cargo area...