Window Alignment

element51

i bought my 96 es300 a few months ago and the wind noise is just getting worse and worse. i noticed that everyone says that its the window alignment so i decided to fix it. after taking off my door panel, i asked myself: "Which :censored: bolt do i have to turn to align the dam window??" Can anybody help me please? a picture would be the best. my car is just sitting there now without a door panel, i dont want to put it back on before i fix it. Let me tell you, that panel does wonders for noise insulation!

i bought my 96 es300 a few months ago and the wind noise is just getting worse and worse. i noticed that everyone says that its the window alignment so i decided to fix it. after taking off my door panel, i asked myself: "Which :censored: bolt do i have to turn to align the dam window??" Can anybody help me please? a picture would be the best. my car is just sitting there now without a door panel, i dont want to put it back on before i fix it. Let me tell you, that panel does wonders for noise insulation!

Why no download the FSM for a 1997 car since it should be the same as a 96? Also my 98 had the wind noise (like 99% of the older es's) and I just put on a new weatherstripping. Bye bye noise!

Why no download the FSM for a 1997 car since it should be the same as a 96? Also my 98 had the wind noise (like 99% of the older es's) and I just put on a new weatherstripping. Bye bye noise!

Really??? My 98 has BAD wind noise and I always wondered if it had always been like that or what. What was the cost for the weatherstripping? Is it a DIY??? Thanks!

Really??? My 98 has BAD wind noise and I always wondered if it had always been like that or what. What was the cost for the weatherstripping? Is it a DIY??? Thanks!

My weatherstripping (WS) was ripped and also had wind noise from the day I got it. The crappy part is that the WS comes as (1) part, front and rear WS. So I had to replace the complete driver side (front and rear). Took about 45 minutes to remove old and install new part.

Now the real bad part, price was $156.04 for the part. Plus you need to remove the pillars (black plastic piece between front and rear windows. It will break if not very careful.

It will take sometime to "mold" to the new window. Once I put the new one on, I might order the pass side now.

Edited by mburnickas