Tires Ls430 02

Pasha

My friend's Avalon has the Triple Treads. So far, very quiet and very very nice in the rain.

Can't say we have had any snow that would qualify as a test, so I don't know about their traction.

His wife's 04 Sienna came stock with the Dunlop Sport 4000s. I use this bus for transporting my karate team. They are fine for that platform. Can't speak to the noise because I haven't driven the van with any other tire.

I am sick of my Dunlop Sport A2. The traction in snow, rain and dry is great, but after two years the noise level is just way to loud to be acceptable. Suprisingly, the tread left is more than I expected at 20,000 miles.

I will be replacing them with my tax refunds or money for my superbowl squares, whichever comes first.

Right now, my short list is:

Bridgestone LS-V

Michelin Exaltos (still waiting to read more reviews and hear more opinions).

steviej

Again, I am not aware of the noise complaints that you mention for the TT's

They don't come from here, but from other car forums I'm a part of. The two complaints are usually road noise and reduced fuel economy.

I'm interested in the Exaltos too...

Again, I am not aware of the noise complaints that you mention for the TT's

They don't come from here, but from other car forums I'm a part of. The two complaints are usually road noise and reduced fuel economy.

I'm getting 1 MPG overall lower than I did.....that's it. B)

:cheers:

I've decided to go with the Michelin mvxg plus tires. They seem to be the one tire everyone can agree upon as one of the top tires, and were the ones on the car originally. The tech at the dealership says they're the best for the car, as does sw, blake, etc.... Plus, I feel that I would be doing me, all of you, and the dealership a disservice if at the very end of the wobble process, I decide to "skimp" on the one major part that makes or brakes vibrations....the tires... Besides, you should see what Blakes old. bad Michelin looked like!! I'm still suprised the thing didn't blow up! The tread had completely seperated from the shoulder of the tire, by about a centimeter in length, all the way around the whole tire!! Truely amazing.

I've decided to go with the Michelin mvxg plus tires. They seem to be the one tire everyone can agree upon as one of the top tires, and were the ones on the car originally. The tech at the dealership says they're the best for the car, as does sw, blake, etc.... Plus, I feel that I would be doing me, all of you, and the dealership a disservice if at the very end of the wobble process, I decide to "skimp" on the one major part that makes or brakes vibrations....the tires... Besides, you should see what Blakes old. bad Michelin looked like!! I'm still suprised the thing didn't blow up! The tread had completely seperated from the shoulder of the tire, by about a centimeter in length, all the way around the whole tire!! Truely amazing.

Enjoy nc.....they should be fine for your area of the country. B)

:cheers:

Thanks amigo! Yeah I think these will work just fine. These Continentals that I have on there now are just too hard to be comfortable. I'm sure as they wear in they'll soften up. They're not horrible tires in general, just not right for the LS400.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Michelin's put on today...drove the car at speeds up to 95 mph....that lexus ride is BACK!