Gs300

I'm interested in a GS300, but I'm a little dissapointed in the engine HP. It doesn't seem to be up to competitors HP ratings or speed to 60mph. From what I have researched, this GS300 inline 6 has been pwering the GS since the early 90's, isn't it time for a different engine like the IS350 V6? Any inside information if the GS will get the 3.5 liter for the '07 model year?

Thanks!

The 06 model GS3 doesnt have the 2JZGE. I forget the name of the engine, but it has a 245 horse V6. Its no IS350, but its cool. Why not just wait for the GS hybrid. 300+ horsepower V6 hybrid, me thinks it will be nice.

The GS300 should be going away for the 07 model year to make way for the GS350, which is already available in Japan. The GS350 will have the same engine as the IS350. I am not sure if there will be differences in tuning and how it will affect the car BUT since the IS350 has 306hp, you can assume the GS350 will be right in that ballpark. :D

Is that enough HP? ;)

The GS300 should be going away for the 07 model year to make way for the GS350, which is already available in Japan. The GS350 will have the same engine as the IS350. I am not sure if there will be differences in tuning and how it will affect the car BUT since the IS350 has 306hp, you can assume the GS350 will be right in that ballpark. :D

Is that enough HP? ;)

Ahh, yeah, I totally forgot about the GS350. It will be nice. Hopefully they will have the GS460 pretty soon with that new 380 horse V8. I bet that will be a beast of an engine. Have you seen the new LS. I saw some pics from the detroit auto show and it looks huge. Not to mention with that V8 it says its still gonna be 5.5 sec 0-60. Anyway, I'm a straying off topic. The GS350 will be a beast of its own class, and when it comes out they will have to change to the GS460...cant have a 306 hp V6 and then have a 300 hp V8, I dont see the GS430 selling.

Just my thoughts.

Ahh, yeah, I totally forgot about the GS350. It will be nice. Hopefully they will have the GS460 pretty soon with that new 380 horse V8. I bet that will be a beast of an engine. Have you seen the new LS. I saw some pics from the detroit auto show and it looks huge. Not to mention with that V8 it says its still gonna be 5.5 sec 0-60. Anyway, I'm a straying off topic. The GS350 will be a beast of its own class, and when it comes out they will have to change to the GS460...cant have a 306 hp V6 and then have a 300 hp V8, I dont see the GS430 selling.

Just my thoughts.

The 350 and 460 will be released at the same time. :) There are even speculations that the HP willbe a bit higher for the GS than the LS. It was this way with the previous gen. Lexus tuned the sportier GS to have a little bit more hp. We'll see what they do this time around. :)

I saw the LS. Probably the same pics. Very nice.

So I am currently waiting for my '06 GS3 to come in...is it worth waiting for the '07? I thought the same when it came to the horsepower... the E350 and 530i both have way more hp.

If you can wait, I would. You are waiting for the GS300 while the GS350 will be coming at the end of the year. You could have 300hp and what I believe to be the GS3 that was supposed to come as the 3rd gen. I don't think there will be an additional engine update to the GS3 for this body style. Then again, I am not Lexus. ;)

So I am currently waiting for my '06 GS3 to come in...is it worth waiting for the '07? I thought the same when it came to the horsepower... the E350 and 530i both have way more hp.

If you can wait, I would. You are waiting for the GS300 while the GS350 will be coming at the end of the year. You could have 300hp and what I believe to be the GS3 that was supposed to come as the 3rd gen. I don't think there will be an additional engine update to the GS3 for this body style. Then again, I am not Lexus. ;)

I am looking to get a 300 later in the year, if they drop the 300 and bring on the 350, do you think there will be a major price increase?

Edited by gkorsgard