Rear View With The Camera: How Much Do You See?

After driving my 400h for a month, I realized that the rear view through the camera on the screen covers only about 3/5 of the rear bumper, from the LEXUS sign in the middle of the bumper and all the way to the left (driver's side). Is this the way it is supposed to be? Do others have the same experience? Is the camera adjustable to be made to cover the view of the entire rear bumper?

Thanks for any input!

GKM

After driving my 400h for a month, I realized that the rear view through the camera on the screen covers only about 3/5 of the rear bumper, from the LEXUS sign in the middle of the bumper and all the way to the left (driver's side). Is this the way it is supposed to be? Do others have the same experience? Is the camera adjustable to be made to cover the view of the entire rear bumper?

Thanks for any input!

GKM

What you see is what you get!!

nicely put, lol. Yeah, unfortunately you cant change it. THe purpose of it is for backing up...straight apparently so u dont hit the person behind you. Notice how the position is on the left side of the trunk handle, and not the center. On other lexus sedans, they put it in the center

Thanks for any input!

GKM

I found a little pracite in the parking lot will show you where line on the drivers side of the stall will appear on the bumper so that you can use it like a witness mark. For mine the edge of the black skid pad on the bumper lines up perfectly with the line on the ground when I'm centered in the parking stall.

Also noticed that as soon as the curb behind you disappears benieth the bumper, you are with in inches of touching the wall behind you. A good gauge for how far back to place the car in the stall.

I suppose it goes without saying, but I will say it anyway, just so that some sticker won't come out of the woodwork to point this out... always look out the windows when backing up and only use the camera as an alignment aid and to check the blind spot.

If you place your mirror adustment switch in the left or right (not Center), your outside mirrors will tilt down when you shift into reverse allowing you to see the lines on both sides of your car when backing into this type of parking space. This along with the camera will allow you to center your 400h and park within 1 inch of a wall if one is there.

Your back up camera is an additional tool to help you back up, but not the only thing you should be lookint at.

If you place your mirror adustment switch in the left or right (not Center), your outside mirrors will tilt down when you shift into reverse allowing you to see the lines on both sides of your car when backing into this type of parking space. This along with the camera will allow you to center your 400h and park within 1 inch of a wall if one is there.

Your back up camera is an additional tool to help you back up, but not the only thing you should be lookint at.

Ahh, you found the opening in my last paragraph... the tilt down mirrors. Congratulations!

Will both mirrors tilt when the switch is left either left or right, or just the mirror defined by the switch?

I suppose it goes without saying, but I will say it anyway, just so that some sticker won't come out of the woodwork to point this out... always look out the windows when backing up and only use the camera as an alignment aid and to check the blind spot.

I use the camera to drive the car by knowing where I have been.

:D