Goodrich Radial Long Trail For Rx300

JSmith

Does anyone have any experience with the BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail (225/70-16) tire on an RX300?

I have the OEM Goodyear Integrity, which slips on a wet street from a standing stop (with mild acceleration) and wearing on the tire shoulders, in spite of proper inflation. From looking at Goodyear's site, this appears to be a relatively low-end selection when compared to other tires they recommend.

I recommend that you spend some time looking at various tire ratings at www.tirerack.com.

The BF Goodrich tires are not rated very highly in terms of treadwear as well as some other important factors. You'll need to decide what factors are important to you - cost, treadlife, road noise, road comfort, wet traction, etc. After doing so, you'll probably be able to narrow down your tire choices to two or three models.

By the way, the OEM Bridgestone Dueler and Goodyear Integrity are two of the lousiest tires you could possibly choose. It's really a shame that Lexus slapped these tires on the RX series at that time.

Over the past 18 months or so, a lot of small SUV owners have chosen either the Yokohama Geolander HT-S G051 or Firestone Destination LE as solid all-weather tires at a great price point. After years of thinking that I would never buy a Firestone tire again, I researched the Destination LE tire based upon the strong reviews it was constantly receiving (especially for wet traction which is extremely important to my wife) and made the decision to order a set (225/70/16) for my wife's 2000 RX300 AWD in December 2004. That set of tires now has about 24,000 miles on them and they have held up beautifully while delivering great traction in the rain and snow. Be aware that you have to pump them up a bit more than I was used to in order to get them to perform at maximum efficiency - I run them at about 36 psi. But they hold their pressures well and they really have delivered great treadwear and performance for the money - I ordered them from tirerack.com for about $280 plus shipping although I'm sure they have increased in price since then. They carry a 60,000-mile warranty and it appears that my wife will get at least 50,000 miles out of these tires if they continue to wear and handle as they have thus far. For the money, that's a great deal in my opinion.

Our experiences with this set of Destination LE tires caused me to put a new set on my daughter's 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee back in November when she needed new tires. She's been just as happy with the new set on her Jeep as my wife has been with the current set on her RX300.

I rotate all of my tires at each oil and filter change and always advise that others do the same. I also check all tire pressures WEEKLY, not monthly. That is critical for finding slow leaks or imbedded nails in time to repair the tire before it is ruined.

Good luck to you and let us know what tires you decide to go with.

Does anyone have any experience with the BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail (225/70-16) tire on an RX300?

I have the OEM Goodyear Integrity, which slips on a wet street from a standing stop (with mild acceleration) and wearing on the tire shoulders, in spite of proper inflation. From looking at Goodyear's site, this appears to be a relatively low-end selection when compared to other tires they recommend.

I would be looking at the goodyear fortera triple tread if it comes in your size with out a doubt. check out Lexusfreeks thread on it he's the one that turned me on to it. When my cherokee needs tires I will see if any tire can beat it on paper. :cheers:

I recommend that you spend some time looking at various tire ratings at www.tirerack.com.

The BF Goodrich tires are not rated very highly in terms of treadwear as well as some other important factors. You'll need to decide what factors are important to you - cost, treadlife, road noise, road comfort, wet traction, etc. After doing so, you'll probably be able to narrow down your tire choices to two or three models.

By the way, the OEM Bridgestone Dueler and Goodyear Integrity are two of the lousiest tires you could possibly choose. It's really a shame that Lexus slapped these tires on the RX series at that time.

Over the past 18 months or so, a lot of small SUV owners have chosen either the Yokohama Geolander HT-S G051 or Firestone Destination LE as solid all-weather tires at a great price point. After years of thinking that I would never buy a Firestone tire again, I researched the Destination LE tire based upon the strong reviews it was constantly receiving (especially for wet traction which is extremely important to my wife) and made the decision to order a set (225/70/16) for my wife's 2000 RX300 AWD in December 2004. That set of tires now has about 24,000 miles on them and they have held up beautifully while delivering great traction in the rain and snow. Be aware that you have to pump them up a bit more than I was used to in order to get them to perform at maximum efficiency - I run them at about 36 psi. But they hold their pressures well and they really have delivered great treadwear and performance for the money - I ordered them from tirerack.com for about $280 plus shipping although I'm sure they have increased in price since then. They carry a 60,000-mile warranty and it appears that my wife will get at least 50,000 miles out of these tires if they continue to wear and handle as they have thus far. For the money, that's a great deal in my opinion.

Our experiences with this set of Destination LE tires caused me to put a new set on my daughter's 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee back in November when she needed new tires. She's been just as happy with the new set on her Jeep as my wife has been with the current set on her RX300.

I rotate all of my tires at each oil and filter change and always advise that others do the same. I also check all tire pressures WEEKLY, not monthly. That is critical for finding slow leaks or imbedded nails in time to repair the tire before it is ruined.

Thanks much.

I drive 40k mi per year, mostly hiway. Treadlife, wet weather and noise are priority for me. Will do the homework. Agree with the rotation sched. I usually exceed promised tire milage.

Thanks much.

I drive 40k mi per year, mostly hiway. Treadlife, wet weather and noise are priority for me. Will do the homework. Agree with the rotation sched. I usually exceed promised tire milage.

actually I just checked tirerack and they are $119.00 a tire after the 10.00 rebate. compare any tire to the triple tread and see who can compete. If you go with them please let us know we would love to hear updates. :cheers: