2006 Is430 Vs. 1992 Sc400 (no Biggie)

JIBBBY

Quick race story from last night - I was cruising home late last night from a friends house In LA, California when I noticed a car was tailing me very close for a while, and realised he probably wanted to race. We get to the next red light and he pulls up next to me. I look the car over and realised it was the newest IS430 with the box back end look, I had not see one before this..

Note: In my opinion I think these new Is430's look like a giant oversized Camry, what was Lexus thinking on this design?

Anyway, I can tell the guy is checking and trying to figure out my restored and modified 1992 SC400 running nos, etc... Anyway, I then said to myself let's see if these new IS430's can hang with me. The light turns green and we are off, I purposely do not hit the nos but I do hit the gas full throttle, my rear wheels are spinning out just a bit off the line and I am out in front (due to my supra LSD, and Dragon Torque Converter) anyway, the 430 starts catchiing me once it got going and I then had to quickly hit the nos. The additional 100hp+ hp immediately kicks the my rears again start spinnig out again slightly in the second gear. Well let's just say I pulled away and the race was over just like that. At the next red light he did not pull up next to me this time, but stayed behind me, however, I would say this about the new IS430's even though I think they are kinda ugly I would say they are pretty quick once they get going for a stock Lex ride, I did not completely blow it away by any means. End of story.

I hope I did not bore you too much I just wanted to share the story......

I would guess I am currently running at or even a little over 400hp on a good nos day..... I have never timed my quarter mile 0-60 second times, however I have had many street races with this car over the past year.

I have raced and beat cars such as the new BMW M3, New Mustang GT, Turbo'd honda civic, older cobra mustangs, new 330zx, 745 BMW, what else ahhh, Is430, sc430, A8 Audi, and I recently lost a race but not by much to a stock brand new corvette, although I got used off the line, once my rear tires gripped I stayed right behind the vette 15-80mph but could not take it or catch it. The traction is sick off the line with those new vette's. You tell me how fast my car is based on all those races? I am just out their having fun not really concerned about times just victories and no tickets......See ya