Leaky Cargo Area 2002 Rx 300

wolfden563

My daughter inherited my old car, a 2002 RX 300. Since we had flooding in NH in October, the area where the spare tire is held gets water in it. She was not in the flooded area, but it rained like crazy. Her GPS also stopped working. We dried out the area, and the GPS is working. She has continued to get water in it. Any ideas of just where it could be leaking. I de-iced the area this am. The spare was stuck in 1/2 " of ice in there.

My daughter inherited my old car, a 2002 RX 300. Since we had flooding in NH in October, the area where the spare tire is held gets water in it. She was not in the flooded area, but it rained like crazy. Her GPS also stopped working. We dried out the area, and the GPS is working. She has continued to get water in it. Any ideas of just where it could be leaking. I de-iced the area this am. The spare was stuck in 1/2 " of ice in there.

if i remember correctly, the rx300's spre is in the trunk? meaning you have to lift the mat to see it? what exactly is happening? is the water going in from under the car or from the door... Also, the nav probably stopped working because the CD it uses is loaded through the trunk