Lost Key

lexusnj

Does anyone know of a way to get into an IS300, I lost my key and it cost $3000 for a new one. Is it possible to jimmy it?

$3000 for a key?? That's a down payment for another car!!!

bro its not 3,000 its only 300 man. thats still expsensive as *BLEEP*, but from what i understand the reason it costs that much is due to the technology i guess. and since its lexus they can charge whatever they want. i bet it only costs them 80 bucks to make at most or something, if im wrong or not about how much it costs for them to make the key dont matter. 300 for a key is rediculous. just because i own a lexus i saved all my life for dont mean i got the money for a 300 dollar key.

by the way you cant jimmy it as far as i know. the car wont start without its original key or spare because of the ID code it uses to identify the holder of the key.

in other words if the id doesnt match or doesnt have one coming from the key or a key, the car will not start.

thats from what i understandthough, i could be wrong. if i am i would like some education from the kats on here.

best wishes...