RX330 Pro's And Con's

RXKICK

Would you buy a brand new RX330 if you were looking for a new car?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a brand new RX330 if you were looking for a new car?

• Yes, Absolutely!
    • No way!
    • Maybe

Look at the JD Powers report on both vehicles. Lexus has been the top dog as far as reliablity (short term and long term), customer satisfaction for several years in a row. That was the kicker for me, plus the Acura looks too much like the Pathfinder. I think it's supposed to be a good vehicle though, test drive them both, I doubt if it has any better ride than the LExus, probably not as good.

I'm in the process of buying a new car.  Can't decide whether to get the RX330 or the Acura MDX.

Any inputs from y'all  Lexus RX330 owners?

Thanks!

RXKICK

RX rides better, handles better, brakes better, has much better style and an air suspension system. The quality of the materials on the inside are also much nicer.

MDX wins on space in the rear and third row seating if you need it. With the third row down, the MDX has at least 50% more space, so if you are hauling a lot of stuff, the MDX may be a better way to go. If you have less than two kids and care about the driving dynamics, you will be happier with the RX. I just purchased the RX after having driven a BMW X5 for the last three years and I love the RX.

You can get a similarly equipped MDX for about $3,000 less than the RX. The biggest difference to me, however, is that there are no side curtain airbags in the MDX, thus the RX is safer IMHO.

Good luck.

You are right the Lexus interior is lot nicer. But, only two drawbacks cargo room is way too small on the RX330 vs. the MDX. Also, horsepower. RX330 only got 230hp vs. the MDX 260hp.

From what I heard the 2005 MDX would have 280-290hp 3.8L. Nicer interior, more sporty, HID lights, side curtains airbags.

RXKICK.

You are right the Lexus interior is lot nicer. But, only two drawbacks cargo room is way too small on the RX330 vs. the MDX. Also, horsepower. RX330 only got 230hp vs. the MDX 260hp.

From what I heard the 2005 MDX would have 280-290hp 3.8L. Nicer interior, more sporty, HID lights, side curtains airbags.

RXKICK.

While the MDX has more raw HP, the RX uses them more efficiently and is actually quicker than the MDX. The RX is much more fun to drive as far as handling goes.

I believe that there is plenty of room in the RX. Far more than I was used to in the X5. There is no question that the MDX has much more room.

Good news on the 2005 MDX, however, comparing the units that are out now, and for the foreseeable next 12 months, I would get the RX again in a heatbeat.