Is This A Good Idea?

kcpth

Hey guys... just wondering what u guys think about this type of mod? If u guys want... this guy did a lot of wild things to his car... a pretty good DIY site too... even though it's not the same car... but i'm sure the concept is similiar.

In terms of the mod... u think it would do anything bad to the car? Good or bad idea?

http://vamp.darkravers.net/DIYCheapOilCatc...onnectingFilter

I'll b honest... i didn't search to see if this topic was discussed before... i think it hasn't been... but i could b wrong :chairshot:

Tom

Ya.

You can cut a 1" square of panty hose, pull the front crancase breather off the valve cover, fold the panty hose over twice, put it around the barb & put the hose back on & clamp it.

Same fot the PCV valve.

Accomplishes the same thing, costs nothing, is maintenance free.

It's a waste of time. It's not the PCV, or open front breather that create a problem, it's the GD EGR. It's a waste of money to spend anything on a catch can N/A. You really need to be FI & having 3x the blowby before you'll need to even think about oil consumption out the two crackcase breathers. Toyota shields the underside of the PCV & Breather pick-ups & they are routed from the middle area of the valve covers. The only oil that get's splashed up there is if you're running hard 'cause the cam intermesh gears are really slinging it around.

You can do it, but I wouldn't waste the money on it. If you don't have emessions, block your EGR, off & fool the EGR sensor with a resistor. Then clean the UIAC & everything by hand & seafoam the intake to clean out the combustion chambers. It'll stay clean then.

Edited by Toysrme

hahaha Toys... thanks for ur honest opinion. ;)

Edited by kcpth

You can do it, but I wouldn't waste the money on it. If you don't have emessions, block your EGR, off & fool the EGR sensor with a resistor. Then clean the UIAC & everything by hand & seafoam the intake to clean out the combustion chambers. It'll stay clean then.

my truck ran rich when i bolck off the egr and stuck 10kohm resiistor in its place....

EGR richens the mixture. When you take it away, if anything they lean out under low throttle/light load. That's crazy! :lol: Wierd truck.

stupid taco......it likes to eats cats two....i have gone through a converter about ecvery 6-9 months.....