Large Puddles In The West

Rx330driver

WIth all this rainfall, and me being near Golden Gate Park, there are a lot of flooding puddles...which i get good thrill driving through at moderately speeds just to hear that loud sound of the water going into the wheel wells. Anyways, when i did this one time, i got a message on my Nav that said "Air conditioning off" which i get all the time, from starting up the car or from turning off the AC. Well this time, im not even sure there was any air on...i dont remember. Just weird and wondering.

Unless you have the dealer set the available c-best options your A/C will operate all year around excepting only periods of freezing of sub-freezing weather.

Even if you turn it off manually it will still operate, with no indication of such to the driver, in defrost/defog/demist mode.

The diagnostic indication is the result of the A/C compressor drive belt slippage due to being soaked.

I was told that in going through deep water, be careful water does not get into the catalytic converter. If water gets in via the exhaust system, it could cause permanent damage to the converter. I understand the converter's are big $$$ to replace.

:cries: