Dash Displays Door Open Warning Light

molocka12

My dash board displays a red door open warning light .

Also my door locks switch when I make a left turn & inside dome & door curtesy lights come on .

I believe this to be a bad sensor in one of my doors.

How do I test for this & tell which door has the bad sensor.

Also can any one tell me the Toyota part # for the front & rear door sensor for 1997 LX450

Any help is greatly appreciated.

it could be a bad sensor on one of your passenger side doors (front or rear) or it could be a loose screw on your door striker.

Check the striker first. The striker is the "U" shaped bolt that your door latches to. On a LX 450 there should be 2 screws holding this on the "B" or "C" pillar. Make sure both screws are TIGHT! As tight as you can get them. I had a similar problem when 1 screw was a half-turn loose.

If you find that all strikers are as tight as they can be and you're still having a problem, then go for the door switch.

As for the part number for the switch -- I don't know it, but either search on www.ih8mud.com on the 80 series tech forum for door switch OR better yet, contact CruiserDan on the same forum. Either send a PM to him or call him -- his contact info is on the Vendors section. He's a parts guy at a toyota dealership -- he can get you any part you need for your LX 450 (as long as it's not a Lexus-only part -- which the door switch is not).