91 Es250- Intermittent Rear (suspension?) Noise

jjewell

Thats my sons description & I have to agree. Not really horrible but noticeable when going over minor or worse bumps in the road. I did the visual and "grab & shake" test of everything I could see- no luck. It doesn't appear with the rear end (bumper) bounce test either.

Tried to prevent the :chairshot: by doing a search but didn't really find anything other than bushings.

I think the bushings are a good possibility. ;)

thats exactly what it is. there are 2 buchings on the long control arms in the ES250's rear end. these are called trailing arms. where they connect in the center, under the back seat, the pivot point. those are bad. cost like $10 for the pair and will take like an hour to change its a pretty straightforward procedure. good luck.

mine had this problem too.

Edited by ArmyofOne

thats exactly what it is. there are 2 buchings on the long control arms in the ES250's rear end. these are called trailing arms. where they connect in the center, under the back seat, the pivot point. those are bad. cost like $10 for the pair and will take like an hour to change its a pretty straightforward procedure. good luck.

GOT IT. its called a lateral arm. those bushings are bad.

8308450.gif

#'s 2, and 1 have bushings in those far holes. those are bad.

Edited by ArmyofOne

8308450.gif

Once again you come thru. You must be my Lexus guardian angel! THANKS!!!

8308450.gif

If thats not it, check your rear knuckle bushings. but im pretty sure thats it. it sounds like a series of thuds coming from the trunk as you turn or hit a rough road right?

8308450.gif

If thats not it, check your rear knuckle bushings. but im pretty sure thats it. it sounds like a series of thuds coming from the trunk as you turn or hit a rough road right?

Yes, low tone multiple thuds, just like the sound of golf balls bouncing in the trunk.

8308450.gif

Yes, low tone multiple thuds, just like the sound of golf balls bouncing in the trunk.

yep, more than likely, these are your culprits. i could be wrong, im not a god LOL. but thats what was causing mine. get the bushings for the camry, they are cheaper and they same bushing, just paying for the Lexus name adds $7 to the price.

8308450.gif

yep, more than likely, these are your culprits. i could be wrong, im not a god LOL. but thats what was causing mine. get the bushings for the camry, they are cheaper and they same bushing, just paying for the Lexus name adds $7 to the price.

Excellent! I was hoping there was a Camry equivalent! Thanks again!!!