Brake Problem And Noise

91L3xus

Well after getting the transmission and engine mounts replaced, I thought this strange creaking/rubbing/moaning noise would disappear, but it has not. When I was moving my car into the driveway last night, I had the door open and realized that every time I applied the brakes, what sounded like a rubber on rubber noise came from the front left of the car, around the left wheel well area. This only happens when the car is moving and when I'm going slow and applying the brakes right before I stop.

I also figured that the brake vibration/pulsation and squeek is coming from the right rear tire (where I hit that curb at 40... <_< ) My dad thinks that all I need to do is back the pad off of the rotor a little, because when I was installing my new exhaust tips, I had it up on the jack and spun the tire to find that it always grabbed in the exact same place on every rotation, and could hear it dragging on the rotor. Is he right on saying this, or how should I go about trying to fix that?

i'm not sure... but i'm just taking a stab at it... i could b wrong.... but perhaps there is some debris around the brake pad. Try cleaning ur pads out to see if the squeak will end. How much life is remaining on ur pads too?