Heated Seats

PHI

Hi all! I have a 99 RX300 AWD that has heated seats. The passenger seat only heats on the lumbar, but not on the bottom (to keep my butt warm). I have never messed with heated seats (never had them before) and am not sure where to start. If the whole seat wasn't getting warm, I'd look for a blown fuse. Any suggestions on where to start?

You would probably have to remove the seat to find problem. But maybe there is a plug From the top and lumbar that is disconected. Mine acted up years ago and the dealer sent it to out to a aphostery dealer to fix the seat. ( still have'nt figured out why)

Because of the way the heater itself is inter-woven, criss-cross wired, it is highly unlikely the heater itself has failed. Under the seat there are TWO electrical connections, one for the back and one for the bottom. It's possible one of these has snagged on something and pulled open.

Because of the way the heater itself is inter-woven, criss-cross wired, it is highly unlikely the heater itself has failed. Under the seat there are TWO electrical connections, one for the back and one for the bottom. It's possible one of these has snagged on something and pulled open.

Same problem on the 99 I just bought. Dealer repaired at time of purchase as part of deal. Bottom element was burnt out and replaced. $900 cdn for parts and labour

• 2 months later...