Looks It's Time For Muffler

camlex

Hello,

With original muffler, i just finished 174,000.

Last time mechanic mentioned that muffler is rusted, keep eye on it.

No holes yet. should i wait? Looks that it's time for changing muffler. Which one to choose?

Thanks in advance.

Toyota sells the muffler and tailpipe as a prewelded unit ready to bolt in. I would imagine the '97 ES300 uses exactly the same muffler and tailpipe as the '97 Camry V6 in which case you could order it from a 25% off retail online Toyota dealer for approx. $100-150. It would be UPS'ed to your home and then you could install it yourself or take it to a muffler shop for installation. This assumes you are interested in OEM levels of exhaust noise and durability.

Borla is the *BLEEP*. Beware of the Pro XS line. They sound good - but tend to be very loud (They are a mild racing muffler ya know LoL!)

After that... Eh.... Magnaflow - then Apexi.

Personal opinion.

There is a video on google video. It's a best motoring one & it's like really long. & at the end of it they have a honda doing flybys for 5-10 min compairing JDM mufflers.

I found it =) It's a pretty good one. Go all the way to 1:18.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=34...q=best+motoring

If you want JDM, that's about all I can help ya with. There are some nice mufflers in there. Some of them just suck, but a few of them are devine!

J's Racing bawahahahahahaha What a street car muffler.

Edited by Toysrme